Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 10:11 PM

Default Valuebet this river?

6-handed 1/2 NL on prima.

SB just sat down last hand, and has $197 infront of him. I have him covered. UTG limps, I find AQ[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and raise to $8, SB folds, BB reraises to $26, UTG folds, I call an additional $18.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot: $53)

BB check, and I think a minute about what he can have. It feels unlikely that he would check AA in this spot, same goes for AK. KK, QQ and JJ all seems very likely here. I check behind.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot: $53)

BB checks again, and I cound out KK as a possibility. Seems like QQ and JJ is the only hands he could have, unless he thought I was picking on his blinds for whatever reason he had to think so. I bet $40 to push out ragcards and possibly JJ, think he'll call with QQ here. BB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot: $113)

BB checks yet again. Do I valubet here?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Valuebet this river?

60 straight. About half the pot will be enough for him to call you with something worse. Unless this player is really tricky it's gonna be hard for him to put in a bluff raise on you because of the scary board. If he does raise you, I think you're gonna have to give him credit for jj or something bigger. IMHO i think you'll get called by a worse hand here (Kx or QQ, even A10 i could see being played this way)enough to pay off for the times he has something better. It's definitely close and you could make a case for checking.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:05 AM

Is BB a maniac? I fold this preflop if not. You're dominated by most reraising hands (AA, KK, QQ, AK) and behind the others (JJ, TT), especially since you'll have to hit on the flop to continue against a bet.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 AM

I check the river.

You led out on the turn with a bet and it was called, nows not the time to invest even more money on the next round of betting with a hand that's not sure to be ahead. Also, you said you had him on QQ or JJ and a J came on the river, so why would you even consider a river bet?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:58 AM

Against a non-maniac, flop preflop. Yup, I'll hammer a value bet, say half the pot.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I check the river.

You led out on the turn with a bet and it was called, nows not the time to invest even more money on the next round of betting with a hand that's not sure to be ahead. Also, you said you had him on QQ or JJ and a J came on the river, so why would you even consider a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! I didn't even realize you riverd the straight. I thought you wanted to value bet the A high and that's why I was curious on why you where even thinking about a bet on the river because all you could have beat was a bluff, and that's why I said to check the river.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my fault completely.

VALUE BET THE RIVER!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:51 AM

Fold preflop.