Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Commission Coach Hand # 10 Review --SB defense

This is a defense of my SB against a solid player, but looking at it now I think I took it way to far.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero ????

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has As Qh (high card, ace).
Button has Tc Th (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Button wins 9.50 BB. </font>
Old 11-28-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Commission Coach Hand # 10 Review --SB defense

Tough player dependant situation. If by solid you mean straight forward and not too tricky or aggresive then I think you can check fold the turn. However usually when I do decide to call the turn in that spot I'll usually call the river even though the Jack is pretty ugly. Agaist more aggresive players who are capable of pushing a lot of hands then I would say calling down is fine.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:37 PM

You called the turn without the proper pot odds to draw a Q or an on the river, following this fact you have to call the river. But i think you have to fold the turn, as a sb you have to hit more folp then as at button to take pots and it's normal because the post-flop cost you less.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:41 PM

I agree, and even a solid player with show A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] etc enough to make the turn call ok.
Dave
Old 11-29-2004, 11:41 AM

Like most heads-up situations, blind steal/defense is very player dependant. My line would be to check/raise the flop. If he three bets, call and fold turn unimproved. If he just calls, lead turn and fold to a raise.

that would be my default line.