Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Poker and social misfits

the ones who get good enough to be the best generally could have done something better with their lives, but for reasons like the above, they don't.

if you want sociable, good looking and fun poker players, meet the college players who pay tuition at the tables and the guys who play instead of waiting tables, they're the fun ones.

fim
Old 11-28-2004, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the appropriate forum. It is a theory I have about poker. Plus, this forum has more traffic. Why ya gotta be a douchebag about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please figure it out. This is not the place for these threads. If you can't understand that, you are the douchebag. I'm not going to go into the reasons why, as others have already explained it to you. It's fair to say there is almost nothing more frowned upon here as posting silly threads in the wrong forums.

btw, the OOT forum gets A LOT of traffic. I'm pretty sure it gets more views than this forum on a daily basis.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the appropriate forum. It is a theory I have about poker. Plus, this forum has more traffic. Why ya gotta be a douchebag about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please figure it out. This is not the place for these threads. If you can't understand that, you are the douchebag. I'm not going to go into the reasons why, as others have already explained it to you. It's fair to say there is almost nothing more frowned upon here as posting silly threads in the wrong forums.

btw, the OOT forum gets A LOT of traffic. I'm pretty sure it gets more views than this forum on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's in the wrong forum. I ask again ... why ya gotta be a douchebag about it?

Really, do you have nothing better to do than be the Board Cop? Sheesh.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious you are Lansing. Therefore I take my previous stance of not responding to your posts, which I gather you would appreciate. I'm sure others will do a fine job of dealing with your nonsense.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:10 AM

Posts I would like to never see on this forum again:

(1) Should you fold AA pre-flop?
(2) Online Poker is rigged.
(3) What kind of bank roll should I have?
(4) What's better? PL or NL?
(5) I'm thinking about becoming a pro. I have 1000 hands to prove I'm a winning player.
(6) Social Misfits' thoughts on social misfits.

Any others I'm forgetting?
Old 11-28-2004, 11:11 AM

Yes, include the following:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;sb=5&o=14
Old 11-28-2004, 01:04 PM

(7) Do you ever not play when you've had a long winning streak so that you won't have a loss?
Old 11-28-2004, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(5) I'm thinking about becoming a pro. I have 1000 hands to prove I'm a winning player.
(7) Do you ever not play when you've had a long winning streak so that you won't have a loss?

[/ QUOTE ]

While these questions may show ignorance, they are not out of place here except for (4) and (6) which belong on the Pot-Limit and No-Limit Hold 'em forums and the Psychology/Other Topics forums.

As for the other posts, there is nowhere else here or anywhere online to get straighten out on these falacies. You can learn that stuff from books, but books cost money, and the people posting these queries are obviously not cappable of winning any! These posters should at least read all the free essay, though
Old 11-28-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While these questions may show ignorance, they are not out of place here except for (4) and (6) which belong on the Pot-Limit and No-Limit Hold 'em forums and the Psychology/Other Topics forums.

As for the other posts, there is nowhere else here or anywhere online to get straighten out on these falacies. You can learn that stuff from books, but books cost money, and the people posting these queries are obviously not cappable of winning any! These posters should at least read all the free essay, though

[/ QUOTE ]

crim, while I appreciate your efforts to clean this forum up of improperly placed posts, that is not my point at all. My point is... these posts get made about once a week. The same posts, over and over again. If people would just take 5 minutes to search through the archives before they posted, we could save thousands of posts every week.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sheesh

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious you are Lansing. Therefore I take my previous stance of not responding to your posts, which I gather you would appreciate. I'm sure others will do a fine job of dealing with your nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, ok. I'm not, but since I don't enjoy your responses, I won't miss them either.