Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 11:05 PM

Default should i be concerned? neteller.

i just got an email from neteller telling me that i need to call them. i called them and they said they wanted the last 4 numbers of my social security and date of birth. they never required this information at the time i signed up. the phone number that i called is 1-888-258-5859.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: should i be concerned? neteller.

I just deposited to my neteller account for the first time and they have to do a first time phone verification. They ask for the same info and other stuff. Prolly was just that.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:19 PM

When I first opened a Neteller account I had to call them. Just find the number off Neteller site and use that.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just got an email from neteller telling me that i need to call them. i called them and they said they wanted the last 4 numbers of my social security and date of birth. they never required this information at the time i signed up. the phone number that i called is 1-888-258-5859.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a Neteller #...

Anyways, why are you so scared about giving out your birthdate and last 4 digits of SS#? You can't do anything with the last 4 digits of someones SS# and birthdate. Now if they ask you for full social security # then that's when you should worry.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:30 AM

They asked me my last four digits. I provided them. They said they could not find anything on me. (I have basically no credit history good or bad)Then they asked for the entire number. I reluctantly provided it. Haven't had a problem so far (knock on wood). It has been about a month.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:53 AM

I'm betting there is something that you are not telling us (underage, fake name etc.)

You could have cleared this up in 1/2 the time that it took you to create this post by just giving them a call.

Neteller is a VERY good organization in my opinion.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-27-2004, 01:06 AM

I don't use neteller now because they were unable to set up my account. I called them and gave them all the information they could possibly want, but they kept coming up with problems. Eventually I was given a number to call to straighten things out, which turned out (when I did a little checking) to be the social security office. At that point I just said screw it and used FirePay... In retrospect I'd have been better off clearing everything up but Net was neither easy nor fast, and I wanted to get playing quickly.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting there is something that you are not telling us (underage, fake name etc.)

You could have cleared this up in 1/2 the time that it took you to create this post by just giving them a call.

Neteller is a VERY good organization in my opinion.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I called them, provided them all of the information they asked for, waited forever while they researched me, and was then told that everything checked out and all I had to do was call back the next day to go through the entire process again with someone that actually had the authority to activate my account. So screw them.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:19 AM

I activated my account just yesterday and had absolutely zero problems. They had to do a first time deposit phone verification which took all of about 5 min. They asked me exactly the same questions you said they asked you, then called me back and asked again.
????
Puzzled but they seem to know what they are doing.