Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 02:15 AM

Default Can PartyPoker detect intentional/unintentional disconnects?

I was playing NL25 earlier in the week on PP and on the river of a BIG hand I got disconnected. I got signed back on just in time to witness an all-out verbal assault against me in the chat box. I tried to explain that it was an accident and that I didn't even know you could still win your portion of invested chips in a pot at showdown without having to call IF you get disconnected. Apparently you can intentionally disconnect yourself and several players at the table reported me. So, is there a way that PP is able to track when this happens on accident vs. when someone is just angle-shooting? I really felt bad and tried to explain I did not disconnect on purpose, which of course infuriated them even more. The timing of the disconnect was absolutely aweful and I'm sure I did look guilty. Hopefully, PP is able to track this stuff.
Old 11-27-2004, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Can PartyPoker detect intentional/unintentional disconnects?

Party does analyze people who disconnect often. They look into factors such as the frequency, timing, pot size, and hole cards during the disconnect.

If a person is a disconnect abuser they will be warned / account frozen.