Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 06:06 PM

Default The correct play?

I'm playing in a 20 man tournament with a bunch of friends and I end up heads up with my friend Aaron for first place. He has roughly 6500 chips to my 6000. He is a maniac who is very unpredictable and makes many, in my opinion, poor calls that he gets lucky with to win. I get dealt JJ. Blinds are 250-500. I call and raise another 500. He comes over the top, raising to 2000. I figure he probably has AQ or AJ so I go all-in. He takes awhile to think about it before calling. He shows KTo. 5 hearts come down on the board and his king was a heart, eliminating me.

I felt I made the right play, but seeing as I lost, I wanted to get the opinion of some other players. Did I make the right move going all-in?
Old 11-27-2004, 01:02 AM

Default Re: The correct play?

agaisnt this player, yes. Another way to play it is to call his reraise and take a flop. Then get the chips in on the flop (use his aggro style against him.)
Old 11-27-2004, 01:41 AM

In my mind, your hindsight is messing with you. Maybe you should have seen a flop, but you put him on a better hand than he actually had. Look at it this way.....if you knew he had KTo, wouldn't you have raised him all in? I know I would have... Just my two cents.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:51 AM

Yeah that was the main thing I was wondering. Whether to wait and see the flop before pushing or not. I'm definitely pleased with my play minus the fact that I lost to a flush. The hindsight is just getting at me.
Old 11-27-2004, 02:29 AM

I don't like your min-raise here. I think you should be rasing to around 1200. Of course, anytime he calls with KTo vs your JJ you win.