Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 10:42 AM

Default Question on Pairs

Anyone with PT, do you lose ALOT of money on Pairs? Here are my stats to date. Are they abnormal? If I am losing with TPTK does it mean I am playing it alright, or should I just always fold these? It seemed like I was making money with them but the stats say differently:

High Card: -7K
Pair: -6K
Two Pair: +2.8K
3 of a Kind: +3.5K
Straight: +3.2K
Flush: +4.1K
Boat: +2.9K

It seems like I win like 9% with High Card. That one is easy to fix. Some of it is chasing TP, It also probably has alot of missed flush draw's in there.

How do you fix one pair though? Stop playing them? Stop betting them? Just deal? If I removed all one-pair play from my game I would be much higher now. However it seems like I win with a pair also. Very weird! 38% Win Rate on Showdown. So I do win my fair share of pots with them. Any suggestions on playing a pair?
Old 11-26-2004, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Question on Pairs

This question is so general that you probably won't get many responses (though if you post it in the general hold'em forum you might). Post some one-pair hands for which you weren't confident in your play. Hopefully then we can help you to identify some leaks.

-- Homer
Old 11-26-2004, 11:28 AM

Have you checked the box in upper right corner "Show only hands that were not folded"?

I discovered that little check-box a while ago, and suddenly my stats looked much better. With that unchecked it will include all hands you have folded preflop, and they are (hopefully) many.
Old 11-26-2004, 11:32 AM

Your numbers does not really say anything since we dont know what limit or how many hands you played.

At showdown I have won approx 30% with high card almost 40% with a pair. I guess those figures are very limit-depending and also depending if you play short-handed or full table.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:52 PM

I play 10 sided 15/10 right now. I have over 30K hands right now, and about 7K at 15/10. The stats are roughly the same. If you win 40% of the time, then top pair is a losing hand, right? So how do you avoid it? Or minimize the effects?
Old 11-26-2004, 02:59 PM

I guess that looks better. Still about 38% a winning hand. Now it says I have won like 3.7K with it when I have gone to the showdown. It looks like I normally fold my pairs on the flop or turn.

Had a pair: 11,000 times
Saw Flop: 3,000 times
Folded Flop: 964 times
Folded Turn: 583 times
Folded River: 284 times

Hmm. Interesting stuff. So many statistics and so little knowlege of how to use them. heh. Thanks for all of the info. Not sure what it helps me do, but I appreciate the responses.