Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Re: AQs - 15/30 - Big Pot

[ QUOTE ]
Im not a mid-high player, but what exactly are your thoughts on the turn/river here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of the crazy preflop action is the only reason I didn't bet the turn. I thought "what the hell is going on" when the pot got 3 bet and then 4 bet by the guy right after him. both guys were in early position which made me think im probably up against one monster, and possibly an AK. I put one of them to have a big hand at the minimum.

I'm trying to think back what my thinking was and now I remember what I was thinking. I was thinking if I bet here, I'm looking at a possible 3 bet here and I didn't want to call 3 bets to see the river. I put one guy on AK and I thought the other could possibly have AA or KK so I figured why call a possible 3 bets, just check and call 1 for sure and a likely raise which I wouldn't have minded calling since I had a draw to the nuts.

After everyone checked around, I was like "dam what the hell was that". then it got checked around again and I checked.

after I checked the river I felt. "dam I should have bet". thats where i was unhappy with my play the most. most times I bet the river here, but this was a wacky pot that got me out of my game and i stupidly checked.

blubster