Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 06:19 PM

Default Turn Decision - 30-60

30-60, 11 handed. Live Straddle. UTG +1 calls. I call Ah10h in cutoff, button calls. 4 players.
Flop - Jh 10d 3s. Check to me. I bet everyone calls.
Turn - Js. Check to me. I bet. Button calls. UTG raises. UTG+1 calls. Whats my play?
I put UTG+1 on a draw. I havent played much with UTG but he is more of a pot limit/no limit player. If he has a Jack I have no outs. He might be raising a draw with the 2nd spade. Not knowing much about his play I decide to fold.

This might be straightforward to most of you, but any comments would be helpful.

Thank You.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Turn Decision - 30-60

I think I would three-bet this hand from the cutoff, hoping to win the button and force the blinds out.

You have a decent hand if people insist on playing a multiway pot, and almost any hand would love playing this threeway with position, some dead money against one random hand and one early limp.

As for the turn, I think perhaps you should grit your teeth and call it down. I find it very strange why utg+1 would check a jack on this flop. Also keep in mind that against 33 you still play four outs.

I also hate to payoff turn checkraises with marginal holdings with little real improvement potential. But sometimes it has to be done. I think this is one such situation.

lars
Old 11-25-2004, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the turn, I think perhaps you should grit your teeth and call it down. I find it very strange why utg+1 would check a jack on this flop. Also keep in mind that against 33 you still play four outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was seeing the river, I like a 3-bet/free showdown play better than a call down.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:20 PM

For me it's a very easy ofld on the turn cause even if your hand is good the drawers can beat you on the river. Keep your tricky calls for the heads up pots..