Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Thanksgiving fish

Is Wednesday and Thursday going to be as fishy as say a typical weekend? I would think with the time off they would be playing more but maybe they are actualy spending time with family [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2004, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Thanksgiving fish

Well, today I have been playing at double my normal ROI at the 20+2s, however, it has been the same amount of people playing at those hours. Maybe the 5+1s and 10+1s are playing a little higher for a holiday treat?? That would be funny.

I don't think there will be any noticeable difference then a normal wednesday, but tomorrow might be fishy.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:12 PM

people have been playing insanely bad today and i'm ITM 2/10 in the $20's, you may have noticed me whining and complaining

I'm sure the play will be worse, but it won't really matter that much unless you play a ton of games.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:25 PM

I had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on a J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] board today. I raised someone all in. He had flopped the straight, and when I hit my flush he said "what the hell hand did you think I had?" and continued to berate me for about 3 minutes.

I really hope I ruined his Thanksgiving. Happy Holidays!!
Old 11-24-2004, 08:21 PM

I had Q4 in the BB and the SB with basically no chips raised all in, i think it was 3 handed.... i thought and thought about whether i should call (blinds were sky high).... I called and he had QQ. Board came something like Ax2 3 5. He was not thrilled.

I rallied and have now showed a $32 profit in my last 20 SNGs.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:40 PM

I am most curious about the big holiday picture.

Does christmas make the fish pucker up , or do they school over here to make a big holiday score. I can only imagine that January will be a bad month for poker, most everyone is broke.
Old 11-25-2004, 01:35 AM

Last year early December was awesome, and it slowed down a bit around Xmas - January isn't as good either, but on Party at least the difference is negligible, in my opinion...

Dr.J
Old 11-25-2004, 03:56 AM

That is exactly what I was predicting. I figured early december might be great, but once christmas is at the door then people just wont have the time/money to pay my rent.

I was a waiter for 12 years before playing poker. I am used to this kind of flux.