Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Was Monica Lewinsky a deep cover agent for the \"right wing conspiracy\"

I agree that perjury was the most important issue. However, without the massive right-wing effort to find something, anything, to destroy Clinton, he would never have been forced to testify about his sex life.

For what it's worth, I think Paula Jones' accusations may well have been true, and don't speak well of the character of Bill Clinton. However, I doubt she would ever have filed suit if not egged on by right-wingers trying to use her to further their own agenda of bringing down Clinton's presidency.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Was Monica Lewinsky a deep cover agent for the \"right wing conspiracy\"

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that perjury was the most important issue. However, without the massive right-wing effort to find something, anything, to destroy Clinton, he would never have been forced to testify about his sex life.

For what it's worth, I think Paula Jones' accusations may well have been true, and don't speak well of the character of Bill Clinton. However, I doubt she would ever have filed suit if not egged on by right-wingers trying to use her to further their own agenda of bringing down Clinton's presidency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a version of "don't ask, don't tell."

I beat someone up the other day. I hope no one convinces the person I beat up to take me to court and force me to lie that I did it. That would be very mean-spirited of them to try to make me accountable for my actions like that.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Was Monica Lewinsky a deep cover agent for the \"right wing conspir

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

personally, i have a hard time swalloing the paula jones allegations.

i know that, if a girl rejects me, my first move is usually not dropping trou