Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 03:15 PM

Default Canterbury this weekend

What is the action like at the track over the long weekend? I'm going to be in St. Paul...is it worth a trip out on Friday?

RH
Old 11-23-2004, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Canterbury this weekend

I'll probably make it out Friday or Saturday. Should be decent, just like most other weekends. Maybe slightly shorter waits with people going out of town and all.

-Edge
Old 11-23-2004, 04:15 PM

Thanks...if you see me, say hello. I'm 28 with short brown hair and brown thick rimmed glasses, from Chicago. I'll probably be playing 15-30 or 30-60.

Matt
Old 11-23-2004, 04:59 PM

Hey Edge, Me and a bunch of HS friends (and Schneids, right buddy?!?!) are going to be going on friday. We should meet up if you end up goin friday.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:19 PM

I've had obligations that have prevented me from getting out there on Thanksgiving weekend the last few years, and this year is no exception. The first couple of years they were open, and this was well before the current boom, the place was jammed on Friday. Guys had had about all the family togetherness that they could stand and came out to gamble while their wives shopped. I would expect it to be packed.
Old 11-23-2004, 08:07 PM

Not to scare you, but I'd expect the worst.

Last Friday night due to a floor screw-up they only had one 30/60 and one 15/30 game going until 8 or 9... Usually on Friday nights they can fill four tables at these stakes and still have a waiting list. By 8 or 9 the list for 15/30 was close to 30 names long so they broke one of the 3/6 games and made it 15/30, which helped a little bit.

Hopefully this Friday won't be a repeat of last Friday, since I personally expect it to be jam-packed there all day long.

If they have their [censored] together and have three 15's going you'll be able to get on one of those pretty quickly, but expect a long wait for 30/60 unless you arrive early.

I personally still do not know if I am going at all on Friday or Saturday. If I do I'll probably be in the 30/60 unless the game sucks (which it sometimes does though that usually doesn't stop me...). I am also considering not going out there until about 2am Saturday morning since by then I can maybe get on the 30/60 immediately or with a not long wait (since the earliest I can make it out there on Friday is probably 5-7pm and by then the wait will be ginormous).

I go by Schneids on the board. Since you'll probably be there before me (if I make it) you should hear when I get called.

My seating at the table is usually followed up by regulars such as Andy B racking up and moving to a different game where they might stand a chance...
Old 11-23-2004, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My seating at the table is usually followed up by regulars such as Andy B racking up and moving to a different game where they might stand a chance...

[/ QUOTE ]
Har har.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look for you to say hello. I usually go by Matt R on the boards. I remember some faces from the last time that I was there, and I suspected that some of the better players were regular 2+2ers...looking forward to trying to put some names with faces.

RH
Old 11-24-2004, 11:13 PM

It'll be an absolute zoo. I would recommend calling and having a buddy put your name on the board. Otherwise prepare for a long wait.

HF
Old 11-25-2004, 02:23 PM

Last night (Wed.) the wait was 1 hour plus by about 7 for the 15/30 game...Friday will be much much worse, get there early.