Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 06:39 PM

Default KK in the BB - Party $100

Typical Party $100NL 6max game. Villan is tight (VP$IP = 19, PFR = 5) over 500+ hands.

Villan ($190)
Button ($95)
Hero ($210)

Villan raises to 7 UTG, Button calls, I reraise in BB to 18 with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], villan reraises to 35, button calls. At this point, I'm putting villan on Aces and just call hoping to hit a set. No read on button by the way.

Flop 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villan pushes, button folds. I type "you've got aces eh?", he says nothing. Results a little later.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:09 AM

Default Re: KK in the BB - Party $100

With the button in there, and the chance that villan has KK or down, i would push preflop. I would prolly call the flop.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With the button in there, and the chance that villan has KK or down, i would push preflop. I would prolly call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The rock put in the third raise preflop. Rocks don't do that without the nuts. Kings belong in the muck this time.

Edit: This is assuming your opponent views you as being remotely reasonable. I've been known to put in the third raise preflop with weaker hands if a particular player has been giving roughly zero respect to my raises. These are generally maniacs.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:47 AM

nothing you can do imo. I'm losing my money here or doubling up
Old 11-24-2004, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rock put in the third raise preflop. Rocks don't do that without the nuts. Kings belong in the muck this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my thinking. I expect to see AA three out of four times here, so I folded.

He showed JJ, but I still think this was a good laydown. I thought it was interesting that he showed - he probably wouldnt if I didnt make that comment.

By the way Soah, are you soah1 on Party? You owe me money lol
Old 11-24-2004, 04:49 PM

I'm not laying KK down on that flop. One hand beats me realistically and his third raise preflop doesn't always mean aces. He coulda been trying to get the pot heads up with ak or a medium pair if he thought you both just had overs.
You convinced yourself he had aces let him take that pot away from you. Call and make him show ya the aces.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:02 PM

He doubled your raise which was ~3x his bet. With a dookie raise like that, he's lulling you in for more. Also, you've got the know that's he a rock. I vote for kissing the 18 goodbye and living to fight another day. Calling the raise though wouldn't be too bad, but with his all-in, he's sitting in his chair with his fingers crossed hoping you call. What are his Agression stats like?
Old 11-24-2004, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By the way Soah, are you soah1 on Party? You owe me money lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. I'm soah2 on Party; soah1 on Empire.

I busted a solid player for 75bb the other day on a hand like this. I put in the third raise preflop and they pushed their kings in and then grumbled about how they should have known better against me.

I'm surprised a player with those stats would play JJ that way. Did they view you as LAG?
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never muck kings in this 3 handed game preflop. You will run into AA sometimes, but you stand to lose more by folding.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:43 PM

i wouldnt push preflop, as the stacks are too deep and you will only make hands like QQ and JJ fold. however, when he pushes the flop, i think it is a clear auto call. you rarely find a player that would re-raise preflop, then decides to overbet the pot on that flop with AA. that is a tell-tale sign of a player that 1. thinks poorly and thus 2. can have JJ-AA.

however, i think your decisino to flat call his reraise preflop is fine.
1. it greatly increases the chances the button comes along, and gets his money in on a flopped lower pair
2. your position in this hand is great. it is generally pretty clear by a nl100 player's flop action whether they have JJ or AA here.

edit: its late here and i just saw his stats. calling his preflop reraise is a must, and then its decision time. i think you still might be able to call, because tight players can and will overadjust to 3 handed play.