Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2004, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Second Party SnG, T Hist for Review

My take on it - and please remember I am a fish (and haven't read any other responses yet) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hand 1 - good fold
Hand 2 - good fold
Hand 3 - good fold
Hand 4 (10d10h)- Why no bet on the river? At least a small one - say 20? It's small enough that he'd call just to see what you have
Hand 5 - Nice fold on the flop
Hand 6 - Nice fold
Hand 7 - Nice fold
Hand 8 - Nice fold
Hand 9 (6h 5h)- Nice fold
Hand 10 - (2,2) Not sure here - your in early position and no way to know if the pot will be raised - or even if there will be enough people to justify the odds of going for a set of 2's - I think I would fold this preflop
Hand 11 - good fold
Hand 12 - good fold
Hand 13 - good fold
Hand 14 - good fold
Hand 15 (Kh, 2d) - good fold
Hand 16 - Not sure (Ac 7c) - I MIGHT have open for a 3x bb raise here purely because I would be tired of not playing any hands (wouldn't be a good thing to do... but [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hand 17 - good fold
Hand 18 - Nice, question is what did you think he had preflop? with that flop it might be nice to bet a little lower and try and milk some more out of him
Hand 19 - Good fold
Hand 20 - Good fold
Hand 21 (6s,2h) - good fold
Hand 22 - Good fold
Hand 23 -I would think from his betting he's looking at a pocket pair between 7's and J's - or a set.
Hand 24 - (Qs,Ac) - good call
Hand 25 - good fold
Hand 26 - good fold
Hand 27 - good fold
Hand 28 - good fold
Hand 29 (3c,4s) - good fold
Hand 30 (9c, 6d) - good fold - but he has been a bit aggressive on your blinds after the flop - I'd be tempted to reraise him here (and here we get into my own leaks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Hand 31 - Nice raise
Hand 32 - good fold
Hand 33 (7d,Qs) - good fold
Hand 34 - (As Ad) - always nice to get an A on the flop when your all-in
Hand 35 - good fold
Hand 36 - nice raise
Hand 37 - good fold
Hand 38 (2s, Ah) - Good bet on the flop - but always scary - what would you have done if he had called?
Hand 39 - good fold
Hand 40 - Not sure if 4 handed I would fold an A here...
Hand 41 - (9c, Ah) - Not sure I like the call here. Nice flop though
Hand 42 - good fold
Hand 43 - good fold
Hand 44 - (Start of post 2) good fold
Hand 45 - good fold
Hand 46 - Nice raise - what would you have done if he had come back over the top?
Hand 47 - good fold
Hand 48 (Ks 7s) - good fold
Hand 49 - good fold
.... It's 3 handed and I suck at this point so I'll let it go at that ....
Old 11-24-2004, 12:43 AM

A7cc when folded to on button - weak fold.
KK hand - too small of a re-raise
99 overpair hand - kinda weak if you ask me.

Didn't read the whole thing though.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:36 AM

ill rpely to the hands you pointed out. its easiest.

the TT hand. id rather check and have him bluff off more than 20. if he has a Q too bad for him. if he has a boat Qx, too bad. but a bet of 20 shows strength where it looked like i was calling chasing an A.

22, this was marginal. sometimes i play small pairs, sometimes not. my gut said play it. if im shown a raise im out of the hand.

A7s. maybe a raise could be in order, however i dont see showing blind stealing as part of my repetoir early in the game to be long term good sense.

hand 18. no idea what he had. he showed strength enough to raise (but not a huge amount). id rather pick up small pots with big pairs than lose big ones. i do agree the bet was a touch too big.

hand 23. this is the 99 hand if i remember right; stupidly i read your responses without noting my responses [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . he could have anything, he showed enough strenth and im not willing to go to war with half my stack with a pair of 9s. im still say on a comfortable stack after the fold, ive no problem doing it.

AQ wasnt a difficult call.

the A2 hand. if he goes all in on the flop, i call the extra 150. if i lose so be it. i rolled the dice that he wouldnt throw away the game unless he had top pair.

hand 40, not sure about this. could be weak 4 handed, however i tend not to overrate Ax. sure it can be good, but im big stack here, no need to go to war with what is essentially junk. note that if 2nd big stack was to my right and folded first, i would have raised here all day long.

41, the A9 stop and go. i was gonna raise him all in preflop. i was willing to lose the 1k on this hand when 4 way. just when i was about to raise i thought stop and go. this is what you saw. the fact i hit top pair on my 9 was neither here nor there.

46. if he comes over the top i fold. unless its mini, then i may call and bet the flop; depends all on my feel at the time. i knew he wouldnt raise with less than a monster. he'd have to be stupid to not see how low thanick was.

-----

thanks for the responses brad,

Phill