Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Making The Jump (No, not me -- YOU)

I'm not quite sure why you think that 4 tabling for 23 hours per week is very hard. Win rate has nothing to do with it either. I would suspect (or at least hope) that the full time SS pros put in on the minimum this many hours a week, and while 4 tabling at the least. And those that do, and know their winrate, their winrate was produced from this type of play. So if you are a 3bb/100 3/6 player (which I have zero doubt there a quite a few) you achieved this winrate by just doing what it is you normally do, multitabling 25+ hours week.

Sure there are prolly quite a few more people who could be 3bb/100 players if they wern't 4 tabling. But that has nothing to do with anything. the 3bb/100 4 tablers could be 4bb/100 single tablers, its all relative.

The original poster merely stated that "expert" 3/6 players should be able to make 12K in 3 months, which is absolutely doable for an "expert" player (if you define expert as 3bb/100).
Old 11-22-2004, 09:18 AM

FWIW, I think if you start out on a 150 BB downswing, there is a real good chance you can't beat the game.

i started playing the party 15 last week and have had a 100+BB downswing in my first 5000 hands. i am still very confident that i can beat that game, however the hyperaggressive nature of the game make swings like that very common.

IMO, 300BB at the party 15 is not enough. 500BB is much better.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:21 AM

A pro isn't likely to lose 100 BB right away. This point has already been addressed by Michael and myself.

sure, a pro usually waits 90 days before having a 100BB downswing [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2004, 09:25 AM

I think someone 4tabling all the time would be like a comparison to a professional athletes workload.

You get mentally drained after a while.

23 hours might not seem like much but add in time finding good tables, reading the forums, reading books, analyzing your game.

I'm no robot thats for sure and dont think too many people on here are either.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think someone 4tabling all the time would be like a comparison to a professional athletes workload.

You get mentally drained after a while.

23 hours might not seem like much but add in time finding good tables, reading the forums, reading books, analyzing your game.

I'm no robot thats for sure and dont think too many people on here are either.

[/ QUOTE ]

the workload of a proffesional athlete isnt all that much. Everyone just thinks it "must" be. The same way people who don't play poker fulltime think that it must be robotic to play poker 23 hours a week.

To say that it can't be done over an extended time is absolutely absurd. There are posters here at 2+2 that play 50 hours a week 4 tabling.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The hourly total for 4 tabling at 3BB/100 would cause the vast majority of good players here to go insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

This only applies to me, but multitabling 25-30 hours per week online is a Sunday walk in the park compared to the misery and grind of my previous "real job".
Old 11-22-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the thing, and I'm not doing this solely to be a dick, but here's how many hands those figures suggest you would have if you got in 65 hands/tablehour ...etc

[/ QUOTE ]

bison-
This is a weird post. You're disproving what, whether this guy grinds enough? He told you how many hands he played and in how many months, just like you asked. Aren't you being a little bit nitpicky here?
His comment was that he thought others on this forum could (and do) put in these hours, and never claimed that he himself had. To name one, I'm guessing MicroBob puts in at least 25 hrs a week 4 tabling 3/6. I think there have to be others, it's just not that outlandish. I played 50 real hours in October, and I have two jobs. 25/wk is highly doable.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:54 PM

my only question is why you would decide to start posting in a ss forum from out of nowhere, after beating up on the 15/30 scene for almost a year? if it is out of the goodness of your heart, i think you should have more wisdom to pass on that can be more usefull to the avg 3/6 player than this thread.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my only question is why you would decide to start posting in a ss forum from out of nowhere, after beating up on the 15/30 scene for almost a year? if it is out of the goodness of your heart, i think you should have more wisdom to pass on that can be more usefull to the avg 3/6 player than this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there aren't enough fish in the 15/30, so he would like to induce some premature limit jumps?
Old 11-22-2004, 06:56 PM

Yeah, it's a wierd post. I was running a fever last night, hence being up til 5am, slightly delirious. Sorry for derailing this thread and/or being a dick.