Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 08:15 AM

Default PlayerView (a Poker HUD) SnG support.

I am looking for input on what stats/filters to include in the SnG support for PV. If you don't yet know what PlayerView is check here http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/
and in the book/software forum.

My list has VPIP, PFR, Total hands, aggression, In the money %, # SNGs played, and % all in. These will be filterable by number of players +/- n.

I am a decent way through the SnG Support but I am having a hard time testing because I am not a SnG player. If some one can send me a DB with some SnGs in it or send me all the history files PT needs for a few SnGs (about 5) that would help me a great deal.

You can PM me or catch me on AIM at M1st3rBlu3

Thanks

~CT
Old 11-21-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: PlayerView (a Poker HUD) SnG support.

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking for input on what stats/filters to include in the SnG support for PV. If you don't yet know what PlayerView is check here http://home.comcast.net/~amirpc/
and in the book/software forum.

My list has VPIP, PFR, Total hands, aggression, In the money %, # SNGs played, and % all in. These will be filterable by number of players +/- n.

I am a decent way through the SnG Support but I am having a hard time testing because I am not a SnG player. If some one can send me a DB with some SnGs in it or send me all the history files PT needs for a few SnGs (about 5) that would help me a great deal.

You can PM me or catch me on AIM at M1st3rBlu3

Thanks

~CT

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this an open source effort?

eastbay
Old 11-21-2004, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Is this an open source effort?

eastbay

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This is closed source.

~CT
Old 11-21-2004, 05:22 PM

Wow I got a much faster response for histories here than in B&S. Thanks soleo and skirtus! I should have enough data now to test PV.

I still need input on what stats to include. If it is something that is tournament specific I'll probably need a short description of the stat as well.

Thanks everyone.

~CT
Old 11-21-2004, 07:29 PM

The ITM and ROI #'s I don't see as being all that useful (but if they are not keeping other stats out, thats fine).

Another useful might be att. to steal blinds.

VPIP, PFR, AGG (postflop), and ATT to steal are the biggest ones I can come up with off the top of my head. (they are what I manually look for if I recognize someone and need some extra info).

Really glad someone is working on a tool like this for sng's, good luck with your project!
Old 11-21-2004, 11:30 PM

ok I've added attempt to steal to my list.
The in the money stat was requested by other players and I dont know what ROI is.

Thanks for the input.

~CT
Old 11-22-2004, 02:45 AM

I haven't tried this software yet, but just curious why you don't just add it into the software where the user can selectively turn on and off the stats he wants to see instead of trying to cram the screen full of them when certain players won't even look at half the stats and they are just kinda in the way? Just a suggestion, and ignore me if you have actually already implemented this feature as I have not used the software, although if it continues to progress nicely I am sure I will.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:34 AM

ct11. this sounds a lot like the tourney time tab in pokertracker. am i missing some aspect of what the software is supposed to do? if you put an email address up, i'd be happy to send you some hand histories for sng's
Old 11-22-2004, 04:35 AM

The in the money stat was requested by other players and I dont know what ROI is.

PT has ROI field calculated. This is Return-On-Investment which means
(all net profits) / (all buy-ins + all fees)
For good player in long term this value is 0.10 .. 0.50 (depending on competition/stakes).
Old 11-22-2004, 04:38 AM

hhboy77: see their screenshot. It saves space/time when multitabling and also Game Time doesn't show agression factor: