Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: A metagame hand with bdk3lclash

"Brad played a hand? Getting 3.5 to 1 to hit your set, this is an obvious fold, as the only hand I can see him playing in this fashion is AA."

Sniffle.

This thread makes my pee-pee hurt.

I am not weak-tight. Gonores, biznunky, I judge your sample size to gauge whether I am a leopard or a mouse or whatever Phil Hellmuth characterizes players as: INSUFFICIENT! I was seriously running bad during the AC trip.

Ask SFER: I spewed chips last night like a champ, and note EDTost's post.

THREEOUTSPLENTY!
Old 11-21-2004, 07:34 PM

And I used to think you weren't retarded until you called a river 6 bet with the nuts.
Old 11-21-2004, 07:56 PM

that's a lie and you know it. you always knew i was retarded. you said so yourself.

constantly.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:57 PM

Brad pwns a 4/8 game rumored to exist in NYC. Shows to go, even nits can get action from monkeys.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:01 PM

SS officially sucks. This post was all about how I sfer owns bdk3clash, not how Ed Toast can't keep betting with the nuts or about how Evan isn't potty trained yet. Stick to the important topics people!
Old 11-21-2004, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shows to go, even nits can get action from monkeys

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure does
Old 11-21-2004, 09:11 PM

Default Does anybody fold here pre-flop?

Nobody responded to my earlier post but I am wondering if it is OK to just fold here pre-flop. I don't like being out of position HU against a TAG (which I assume that bdk3clash is) where I am either a small favorite or a big underdog and I don't know which overcard hurts me.

If I am being too weak-tight in these situations I would greatly appreciate being corrected.

Thanks.

Colgin
Old 11-21-2004, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Does anybody fold here pre-flop?

Enh. Maybe sometimes, if I felt my image was such that the raiser was committed to showdown AND he had tight standards. 77 are high enough though to play even with 0 ccers against many opponents, I feel.

Plus, this was a meta-hand. Not SFer's SOP. Which is why I think he played it perfectly.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus, this was a meta-hand. Not SFer's SOP. Which is why I think he played it perfectly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

In fact what I debate here (especially not knowing the hand) is bdk's flop raise. It's giving sfer a great chance to get away from the hand.
I'm not sure which hand I'd raise against sfer here, but it wouldn't be many. I'd figure if he beats me he makes me pay, otherwise he gets away from it.
So bdk's hand has me intrigued... And if his flop raise was a good move in this spot.
Old 11-21-2004, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody responded to my earlier post but I am wondering if it is OK to just fold here pre-flop. I don't like being out of position HU against a TAG (which I assume that bdk3clash is) where I am either a small favorite or a big underdog and I don't know which overcard hurts me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's sort of the thing about the hand. I think I'm slightly better than a coin-flip ahead or a big dog in that I might be able to manipulate a bad fold with the right scare card--an Ace, usually--or a bad fold on the flop or turn if the board is ragged and Brad can't necessarily see that he should see a river card with 6 very clean outs. Plus there will be like the 1 in 14-15 times he has an overpair and I flop a set and we spritzen all over the table, not to mention sometimes I will have a big pair. But the key to all this is that I can read any aggression from Brad as information that I'm beat, and I think that is completely true, for now.

And I'll be very honest in saying it brings a little joy in my barren, petty life to see Brad a little uncomfortable when I 3-bet.