Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Tough turn decision?

Hey guys,

Heres the situation. This is the $500 daily freeroll. Blinds are 15/30 and I've got a pretty solid image. 120 players remaining ( top 30 pay ). I've got T2k which is just every so slightly below average. I pick up AQo UTG and decide to limp. The table is passive, and fairly tight, but I'll probably only get a call from a hand thats got me beat. Any thoughts on my limp? Folded to EMP who calls ( T3k ). This guy is quite tight, and has not raised a single hand yet. He has also not gotten out of line yet. He seems pretty solid. I think this call is probably no worse than AQo and probably a mid-pair anywhere from 77's-T's. Folded to the SB who complets, BB checks.

Flop is Q36 Q and 6 of diamonds.

BB checks I bet 135 ( the pot ) and get called by Mr. Tight. Everyone else folds.

Turn is a 5 putting two spades up. I bet 300 and get min-raised to 600. At this point I really don't know where I am and really think I should fold this here. What should my action be, and what is my plan for the river if I decide to call?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Tough turn decision?

Freeroll?!

I call or raise here everytime.
Even a tight player may limp with a wider range of hands, but do you think he limped with an overpair?

And if he did, who cares, it is a freeroll and you'll probably crack them anyway.

The biggest danger you face is from a low set, but as you don't read him limping with 33 or 66 you don't need to worry about it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2004, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point I really don't know where I am and really think I should fold this here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Part of the reason why you don't know where you are is because you limped to begin with. Who cares if nobody calls you? It's not like you have a monster. You have a hand that can win you a small pot or get you in lots of trouble. Win the blinds and move on to the next hand. And at least if you get called you have a smaller range of hands to put someone on.

Unless he is super passive, he either has AQ, 33, or 66. I doubt he would limp in with QQ or KK. He could have AA if he's tricky. Lots of people in MP would limp with 33 or 66. At best, you are tied and there are more hands that he could have which you are behind. I would probably fold. The problem with calling, as I see it, is you are out of position on the river. If you decide to call I would bet about half the pot on the river and fold to a raise. If you want to gamble, push on the turn to his raise and hope he doesn't have a set. If he doesn't (and has AQ) he might fold thinking that you limped in with 33 or 66 and picked up a set.
Old 11-21-2004, 06:05 PM

I dont like the UTG limp at all. Raise 2.5-3 BB, fold to a reraise from a tight player

Could he make this play with KQ? If not then you are almost certainly beat judging by the read you have on him.