Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 06:49 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Is Kerry going off the deep end? Consider this....

Kerry blames bin Laden for defeat

Sen. John Kerry believes the videotape of Osama bin Laden that appeared days before the Nov. 2 election cost him the presidency, Fox News reported yesterday.

The Massachusetts Democrat told Fox News the tape first aired by Arab television network Al Jazeera may have scared the American electorate.

Mr. Kerry said the tape was released too late for his camp to rebut and the Democratic campaign couldn't counteract it in time for the election.

Fox's Geraldo Rivera spoke with Mr. Kerry on Thursday as the senator and a slew of other notables — including wife Teresa Heinz Kerry, actors Robin Williams and Morgan Freeman, and comedian Chris Tucker — were in a holding room prior to the processional leading up to the formal opening of the William J. Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, yesterday agreed the tape favored President Bush but would not say it led to Mr. Kerry's defeat.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Whining Aftershocks! (NT)

Old 11-20-2004, 09:57 PM

Default Re: Is Kerry going off the deep end? Consider this....

I don't think this is that unreasonable. It was a close election (something Republicans seem to be forgetting already). The Bin Laden tape may have tipped the balance. Personally, I think Bin Laden released it because he wanted Bush re-elected. Bush is one of the islamic terrorist movement's best recruiters.
Old 11-20-2004, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I think Bin Laden released it because he wanted Bush re-elected. Bush is one of the islamic terrorist movement's best recruiters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the terror masterminds are probably less concerned with recruiting than with survival and their ability to execute operations. I would think recruiting would not be their #1 concern, especially since recruiting was apparently doing fine anyway.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think recruiting would not be their #1 concern, especially since recruiting was apparently doing fine anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's the truth. Bush is probably responsible (indirectly) for recruiting more new terrorists than Bin Laden or any other individual.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:15 AM

Well, it's entirely possible that Bin Laden was dumb enough to think he would help Kerry. He has never given me the impression he is all that smart, thank God. In the first few weeks after 9/11, when there were long lines waiting to get through airport security, I was sure that the next thing that would happen would be bombs being set off (either suicide bombers or just in suitcases left there), in the unsecured areas where all the people were waiting to get through security. Fortunately, Bin Laden wasn't smart enough to think of that.