Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 06:27 PM

Default Get SSH (and TOP, HPFAP, etc) spiral bound

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about doing this, but I took a leap of faith and took my copies of SSH, TOP, and HPFAP to Kinko's the other day and got them spiral bound. It cost about $6 per book (and they had to keep my books for a day), and it was the best money I've spent in a long time. I no longer have to worry about the binding coming apart, and it's so much easier to read because it lays flat. I'm even getting more exercise because I can read these books on the treadmill. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Get SSH (and TOP, HPFAP, etc) spiral bound

Only $6 per book? That seems really low for all those pages. That's a good deal. Granted, you do run the risk of the pages being torn out easier, I'd think....
Old 11-19-2004, 07:29 PM

wow that's amazing because i was just thinking about getting this done. but i did have a concern about the possibility of ripping the pages afterwards. could you post some pictures of how it turned out?

thanks,

bonanz
Old 11-19-2004, 09:42 PM

I've been doing this to 2+2 books for years (my wife's idea). In fact, many 2+2 books I have several copies of and will have a spiral edition and a normal one for each.

From my experience, the spiral ones are great BUT......the pages do start coming out after many reads (and re-reads). Then you can always go out and buy a new copy though.

Best of Luck

Howard
Old 11-20-2004, 12:47 AM

Well, one could get a real binding done. In leather. But that would of course be more expensive.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, one could get a real binding done. In leather. But that would of course be more expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possible? I asked a librarian about this, and she told me that the 2+2 books did not have wide enough margins to do the stitching properly. In other words, I could get it done, but the pages would still fall out.

The spiral-bound thing just doesn't seem to be a long-term solution.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:55 AM

leather would be too expensive and not worth it. the only advantage of spiral binding is basically its easier to handle and you can lay it flat on a table open. i think i'm gonna get a few spiral bound to test it out, if they get ruined i'll just get some fresh copies. If someone one has done it i'd still like to see a pic or two if someone would be so kind [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2004, 11:41 AM

I imagine the pages might rip out after a while if I'm not careful(hopefully a long while), but several of the pages were already starting to come out with the original binding, so I don't think this is any worse as far as having the possibility of losing pages goes.

I took a few pics of TOP spiral bound, but I can't figure out how to get them into this post. I tried "Image", but that want a URL, and the pics are only on my hard drive. So if someone could tell me how to post the pictures, I'd be happy to do so...

Thanks,
JK
Old 11-20-2004, 12:15 PM

You can buy these little 'strengtheners' that are adhesive and are circular that fit around the holes. I used them for information in regular notebooks at time...can't see Kinko's fitting those onto EVERY page though...

...Leavenfish
Old 11-20-2004, 01:25 PM

JKStay - send me a private message, and I'll host the pictures for you.