Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 11:59 PM

Default Borgata NL Tourney Fridays

I posted this in the B&M forum w/ no responses so I thought i'd try it here:
Anyone play in the Borgata Friday Tourney's; Any idea what type of game i'll be walking into ie: really hard, tight, loose, agressive??
Any advise, I'm plan to play a week from friday
Any help is appreciated
Old 11-18-2004, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Borgata NL Tourney Fridays

I play at Borgata regularly, but not the tourneys. Regular play there is VERY loose, and aggressive at the higher stakes. Since the tourneys are rebuys, I'd assume it is much the same.

If I'm playing a Friday night tourney, I'll play the Taj $200+$15. It's well run, and there it's 50% of the prize pool to first place or something ridiculous. It's a little loose there early, but gets tighter further in. I've finished at the final table 3 times, so it can't be too strong a field [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 04:14 AM

Yeah ive got a friend who lives in Philly and plays A.C. like 3 times a month(mostly FRI-SAT nights) from what he says the Ring games are crazy aggressive and loose bc there are alot of wealthy players trickling in as for the tourneys i'd expect they arent AS aggressive but still a lil more so than usual B&amp;M players.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:26 AM

I've been playing for a year or so, mostly on line. Only one live tourney at a home game under my belt. Do you recomend Taj or Borgata? Keep in mind I'm not intimidated, But I would really like to finish in the money (obviously huh)
Thanks For the Feedback
Old 11-18-2004, 10:33 AM

The borgota is a class act. You'll love it there.
Trop is good, just not great.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:27 AM

Woody, it depends on what style of play suits you best. I'm REAL tight, so I hate playing rebuys, and hate to see a lot of loose calls. The reason is simple... If I go into 10 hands as an 80% favorite, I'm losing 2 of them, on average. With constant calls from weak hands against my big hands, I'm bound to take a LARGE bad beat. So, I prefer the Taj.

So, if you like the looser style of play and have the money for several rebuys, go to the Borgata... it is a MUCH nicer place to play than anywhere else. If you like tighter play, the Taj is the best place. As for the Trop and Sands tournaments, I don't recommend either as the Sands is very small (and Friday night is limit), and I played a couple of times at the Trop, and don't like the attitudes of the players there at all... bunch of grumpy old men that hate everyone and everything.
Old 11-18-2004, 12:41 PM

Thanks Zoot, I play relatively tight as well. I may take a few shots in the begining of the tourney up until the rebuys are ended. I also plan on taking the add on. I'm looking to spend no more than $320, so if i bust out early, I'll be a little anoyed. Actually, I hope to spend no more than the original buyin and the add on. ARe you gonna be down there the weekend after Thanksgiving?
PS I deff agree about the niceness of the room at Borgata
Old 11-18-2004, 01:50 PM

I work at Borgata and I've played several times the tourneys.The conclusion I've arrived:I will never play another one there as long as Taj has the tournaments.
Borgata it's full of loose loose players which are happy of rebuys.(one day somebody did rebuy 11 times 80$).Now,if you will get the good cards you will be happy.In the other hand if you are a reasonably good player you can't use any skill to winn.One night I was short on the chips and on the button went for all in for about 800 with 10-8 suited.The blinds were 150-300.Guess with what hand the big blind called me? 9-6 off.
Borgata starts @1000 chips
Taj starts 5000 chips
Borgata you don't know how much it gonna cost you between rebuy and add on.
Taj its 225 and that's it.
The conclusion it's that I'd rather play at the Taj every day. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 08:29 PM

Woody:

If you're planning on being there the 26th (the day after Thanksgiving), they won't be having the Friday tournament that day. I asked last weekend when I was there.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Woody:

If you're planning on being there the 26th (the day after Thanksgiving), they won't be having the Friday tournament that day. I asked last weekend when I was there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it No?? Did they give you a reason? That sux. I guess I'll try out the Taj
Does anyone have any times on the Taj tourney? Should I get a Taj card?