Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 07:10 PM

Default AKo on paired and 2-flush flop vs checkraiser

Party 2/4. Table has been loose/passive overall, but MP2 just sat down (and isn't in my PT database), so I have absolutely no read on him.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in CO. MP2 just sat down and posts $2 blind.
EP1 folds, EP2 calls, EP3 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 folds, I raise, button cold-calls, SB and BB fold, EP2, MP1, and MP2 all call. 5 to the flop.

Flop (11.5 SB): 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I bet. Button and EP2 fold. MP1 bets, and MP2 checkraises. I call, MP1 calls. 3 to the turn.

Turn (11.75 BB): [ 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Checked to me, I ???

I wasn't really sure what to do here...I wasn't convinced by MP2's checkraise that he had a 4. I thought he could be on a flush draw and looking for a free card on the turn (which I didn't want to give him). But I also don't want to bet into another trap...

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: AKo on paired and 2-flush flop vs checkraiser

MP2's check-raise doesn't convince me he has a 4 either. A flush draw is possible, like you mentioned, and he could also have a worse king. Maybe he has a pocket pair and thinks his hand is best. Or perhaps he wants to establish his presence at the table with a bluff.

I think I'd 3-bet the flop and go from there.

After you call the flop check-raise and it's checked to you on the turn, I think you should bet.

If I just called the flop check-raise and then bet the turn and then got check-raised again, I'd probably call down against an unknown.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Re: AKo on paired and 2-flush flop vs checkraiser

I 3-bet flop as well, thinking MP2 has a worse K he happened to post with.