UTG+1 ($23.64)
<font color="C00000">UTG+2 ($31.05)</font>
<font color="C00000">MP1 ($89.35)</font>
<font color="C00000">MP2 ($18.44)</font>
MP3 ($38.25)
CO ($8.99)
Hero ($33.47)
<font color="C00000">SB ($10.75)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises to $1</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($7) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $1</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1, Hero calls $1, SB calls $1, BB calls $1.

Turn: ($14) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets $1</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, CO folds, Hero folds, SB calls $1, BB folds.

Final Pot: $18
<font color="green">Main Pot: $18, between UTG+2, MP1, MP2 and SB.</font>
Old 11-13-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Flame Away

Why fold on the river for one more dollar into a $17 pot when you just made your hand? What were you hoping for when you called on the flop?

Either an A2 is out there or it isn't, but that didn't change since the flop.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:06 PM

Hi Tubby,
Pre-Flop: I think this is probably ok to call a raise with, but not fantastic. You have position and 3 wheel cards. But the 6 is a bit of a dangler, and you have no flush possibilities. Your chance to scoop here is limited to a wheel, but that's not the end of the world.
Flop: Fold. You are probably drawing to 4 outs (the 4 two's). Given the 3 cold-callers pre-flop, there is a good chance that 1 or 2 of these 2's are spoken for. You certainly don't want to be calling bets drawing to what may be half the pot.
Turn: Your check is the best move, with folding a close 2nd
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. You can probably only win with a bluff, and you have 6 opponents! All 6 won't leave, no matter how nicely you ask. (well maybe a Pot bet would do it, but on a pure bluff that is not a good move)
River: Calling $1 is probably a good move at this point. There's a good chance your hand is no good, or you get 1/4 ed, but $1 to find out is not too big a price to pay.
Ken
Old 11-13-2004, 02:03 PM

Easy fold on the flop, if you ask me.

Bohemian
Old 11-13-2004, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is probably ok to call a raise with, but not fantastic. You have position and 3 wheel cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling the minraise is fine I think, anything much bigger i would dump

[ QUOTE ]
But the 6 is a bit of a dangler, and you have no flush possibilities. Your chance to scoop here is limited to a wheel, but that's not the end of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's most definitely not, the six makes you a 6 high strait when you make a wheel, and most people at this limit are willing to go nuts if they also have a wheel meaning you can quarter people easily. I think the next best thing to being suited with your good low cards is having the 6.
being suited is much preferred though, but I agree fold the flop, check the turn and call the river for the nice price you are getting laid.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:33 PM

Very simple: If you thought your A3 was good enough to win low, you should have called on the river, and since you didn't, it means you were drawing to a 2 (four outs) after the flop, meaning you didn't have the odds to call.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:52 AM

This is pot limit? Such wimpy bets by everyone.

If everybody is playing so passively, I don't see much reason to fold, on the flop or the river. You really don't have to be very sure of having the best low to call the river here with the pot laying 17 to 1.

Don
Old 11-17-2004, 12:14 PM

Well the pot isn't paying you 17 to 1 is it. more like 8.5:1 and he has the 2nd nut low with 7 people in the pot. I relaly don't know how often he's good here to call a bet. However you should have folded that on the flop when a 2 didn't come. And calling a raise here pre flop is very marginal.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:09 AM

I know he's not getting 17 to 1, he at best (if he can't win high) is 8.5 to 1, and that's if he doesn't get quartered. But that is easily enough to call the bet. Nobody has shown a whit of strength.

What is the pot really giving him? That depends on how likely he is to chop low if his A3 is good. I didn't mean to imply that he was "getting" 17 to 1.

Considering the size of the raise, what's the harm in calling pre-flop? These bets are pathetic.

Don
Old 11-18-2004, 08:39 AM

The time to get out was on the flop, definitely.