Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 33 three off the button
raise 2 3.77%
call 20 37.74%
fold 31 58.49%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2004, 12:27 AM

Default Re: Open discussion on PlayerView - Input needed

I wish you the best of success. I just hope you start / have started talks with PT re possible promotions and integration. Obviously PT adding a HUD feature would be a disaster for you guys.

Edit: I didn't even see LostWages posts on this thread before. Smart guy that LostWages!
Old 11-17-2004, 06:16 AM

I just tried it out - good work chaps, keep it up!

I just thought of some more feature requests (sorry). I'm sure your todo list is already too long, but I just thought of some useful feature I hadn't seen requested elsewhere.

1. Ability to minimise to system tray. Everyone using your product usually has 6+ windows open already, and getting one out of the way (but still easily reachable) is a definate bonus.

2. Show your own stats from *each individual table*. Not sure how easily this is implemented. But if it is straightfoward, its pretty useful to have an idea of what your image is like at each table. E.g. if you have been dealt lots of good hands at one table, you can instantly see that your VPIP/PFR are both quite high, and that consequently other players may not be respecting your raises.... that kind of thing
Old 11-17-2004, 01:11 PM

Worked great on the first try. My only user fix was to re-align the standard three boxes under the player's names. BTW, I found that bright yellow works well with the default PartyPoker skin.

I do have one request and maybe I missed it. Any chance you can provide updates on your personal stats? Also, will the next patch include average aggression, not just individual aggression?

Also, where do I download different PartyPoker skins. I really like the blue color scheme/skin that is used in the PlayerView's "Modify Layout" tablet. What Poker site is that table from?

Stay tuned for a donation from me this week!

Keep up the great work!

thanks,
Gabuk
Old 11-17-2004, 01:15 PM

When do you think you will be releasing a version that works with UB?

Ken
Old 11-17-2004, 01:34 PM

illunious, there already is a similar product to download at the pt forums called GameTime+ . I m not sayin that GT+ is better or that playerview is better. They are diffrent but still similar SO in my mind both should concentrate on the product, put out the beta if you would like to sell license later on but let the market operations wait until the product is kickass quality...
Old 11-17-2004, 03:08 PM

I don't mean to hijack this thread. I need to know where your program is stored on my computer, I've downloaded the .NET thingie. If I ever get this up and running I would be glad to beta test or pay, or whatever. You should make $$ from this. It fills a need. Good job.

MS Sunshine
Old 11-17-2004, 03:42 PM

All I can tell you is "soon". I wrote that scraper for UB last night so that I can work on the UB stuff. I think there may be some loss of automation with UB, in that the user will have to enter their UB name for it to work properly. Look for it around thanksgiving is my current estimate.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:51 PM

No problem. I have been using the "competition" and would like to take a look at your program. I havn't had a chance to play on any of the Party sites lately.

Ken
Old 11-18-2004, 01:54 AM

I like the idea of individual stats, but here's the rub. The display box for YOUR name isn't in the standard spot...

So therefore, you are going to either A: have floating numbers on top of your cards, or B: create 2 Unique layouts... (one .pvl file would consist of a layout as if you were sitting at EVERY seat, and the other layout file would be the same as it is currently. The software would then just need to pull the secondary .pvl file to find out how the data should look around your seat.)

Anyway, it's probably not as simple of a fix as it sounds,

Also, as most of us probably have played a TON of hands, one session will not meaningfully change these numbers. So why not just look them up in PT.

The idea about showing your statistics for that session are valid though. That would be neat.

Ditto the comment about "average" aggression. I would also like to see % of time went to showdown. (That combined with Won at showdown % would be useful to spot fish...)

For the guy looking for Poker skins I suggest Amirco's site,
PlayerView
or
Party Poker Backgrounds
Old 11-18-2004, 02:50 AM

lol Amirco. The funny thing about that is, its what I registered my Visual Studio install as licensed to like...a year ago. I forgot about it and then released a program, afterwords I realized it put my install under an Amirco folder. Thats pretty hilarious I think. There is no Amirco [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]