Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 03:12 PM

Default Re: SSHE: Even 72s can be playable - really?

For half a bet with some limpers, this is a good play. In my opinion these hands are easy to play, as long as you don't get hung up on a 2nd or 3rd pair. Your either going to get a flush draw, 2-pair, FH, or trips or you are folding.

Playing suited crap out of the SB with proper odds is easy, you will rarely get trapped and when you hit, you get paid off big.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:54 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
When you have a bunch of weak players limping with all sorts of trash in a limit or no limit game, the value of playing "sooted" hands goes way up

[/ QUOTE ]

Within reason. Not just any suited cards.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeh, but I see all these posts about how "I raised with KK and this moron called me with 75 sooted and took me out."

[/ QUOTE ]

If they're posting to complain, they should study where the profit in the game comes from. If the 75s wasn't in a blind, he made a mistake in calling the raise.

[ QUOTE ]
I doubled up in a limit tournament calling an UTG raise which everyone else folded to with 53s. I got a flush draw on the flop of all rags. It went 3 bets on the flop after I checkraised. At this point, I figured he had a big pair. On the turn, I hit my flush. We kept raising until I was all in and he was almost allin. Afterwards, my opponent had a handful of chips and was cussing me out and calling me a fish for playing trash hands. However, with all rags on the board and a 3-flush and him clearly representing a big pair, it was pretty likely I had a flush, straight or 2 pair to be reraising him, and he should have check/called at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's an idiot for calling you a fish. This story is much different had you missed your flush or hit your flush pairing the board giving him a FH and lost the great portion of your stack. Which is what will happen if you play this enough times in the longrun.

b
Old 11-17-2004, 07:48 AM

Hiya's

"would call in that situation every time!

These small stakes players play badly. Punish them for it. If you hit your flush draw, it most often will be good and easy to play, because flush draws are one of the easiest hands to play in hold'em, IMO. "

I'd probably agree with your opinion except, I play on UB and Bugsy. The LLH players there DON'T play badly. Stay away from them if you value your chips. They love to slowplay and trap, even at LL.

Regards
Billy Zee
Old 11-17-2004, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your either going to get a flush draw, 2-pair, FH, or trips or you are folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
In a loose passive game, you wouldn't hang around for one flop bet if you hit one pair and the board was at least moderately ragged? You'd have five cards to draw at (about 8:1 odds for the next card) and probably at least 10:1 pots odds, plus implied odds if you hit.