Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Check, Call. Check, Call, Check, Call.

thanks jason. another question with A9 if you weren't in the big blind would you even be in the hand at all? and would you play it the same way after the flop if you were?
Old 11-16-2004, 10:08 PM

First things first: If I call the turn, I would certainly call the river since you're now beating his counterfeited aces up as well as a missed draw.

Having said that, I just ran a quick list through my head. I can't pin him down on a hand, and it's very possible all he has is something like Ax, two clubs, 44, etc...but that turn bet size *sucks*. I'd rather he overbet the pot.

I don't like that he's pricing a weak ace in to call down. This may change higher up but at the 50's this is a made hand.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:48 AM

Some LAGs have a kneejerk reaction when they are checked to... They just bet. I really think you are overthinking this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 12:50 AM

Morgan,

I might complete in the SB... Maybe. I tend to just fold this hand. I dont even limp Axs in position preflop on the first blind level... But I also 4-table and usually you will do better with weak aces and such with reads. I have reads, but not as good as they would be if I concentrated fully.

-Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 12:51 AM

Default Results

Lori, you get a present. KQo.

-Jason
Old 11-17-2004, 01:01 AM

Default Re: Results

Haha. Yeah, figures.

This and the horrid HU I just played against Lloyd tonight means I need to go study some more hand histories [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2004, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Results

Oh, that was you! I didn't want to ask for your 2+2 name. Glad to play with you. Let me know if you have any comments on my play.
Old 11-17-2004, 04:53 AM

although A2s was fine by the river card [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2004, 05:26 AM

Hi,

I really like min raising on river here. Only 22, 33 and a T beats you, since you have top two pairs, and there is no way he has a better kicker than you, since he didnt raise preflop (and he seems to do so with AJ, the worse A that beats you).
A lot of LAGs raise preflop with any PP. If you think it is the case here, then only a T can beat you, and you will be paid by any A (especially by A2 and A3, since he will be soooo frustrated). Now if you think there is a chance he has 22 or 33 and did not raise with it, then raising could be a dangerous move.
Anyway, I think the river T, by preventing the opponent form having better two pair, should make you strongly consider raising, since you probably have the best A, and will be paid by A2-A8. Of course, it is not standard, but if your opponent raises with AJ and better...

See you

sahaguje
Old 11-17-2004, 10:20 AM

I play it pretty much the same, with the general read you have given.

And the fact that you've even posted this hand, is an indication for how well *some* of those limp-PF and bet-any-hand-on-the-flop-turn-river-until-your-opponent-folds kind of of players can do sometimes: very often they make others fold better hands (specifically "solid players", who are looking for "playing good hands").

There are many kinds of LAGs, IMO. Some are very different than others. Some (few) are extremely dangarous, others are plain stupid (but in SNG poker, stupid is sometimes dangarous too). Against certain typs of LAGs I'll give up certain hands, even if I have a feeling my opponent is marginally behind (it's not the case here, since it's a relatively clear edge spot, IMO). Against others I might push very small edges myself.