Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Tourney Book?

I'm looking for a good book on how to play tourneys. I'm pretty clear on cash games, just not sure on Tourneys where you can't always re-buy. I know this may not be the best forum for this, please send links and or recomendations.

I prefer a book that is interesting to read -- I bought and read Holdem for Advanced Players, found it a little too scientific. I had Super System in the past, loaned it out and never got it back. Is that still a good book? Or is it outdated now?

warewulf
Old 11-16-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Tourney Book?

Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. Of course, it's a Sklansky book so if you didn't like HEPFAP, you probably won't like this one either.

GooseEye.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:22 PM

If you're talking NL holdem, Dan Harrington's tournament book is available for preorder on the front page of this site. I haven't seen it yet, obviously, but I'm sure it'll be up to 2+2's usual quality standards.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:23 PM

the sklanksy tournament book is pretty good.... the gap concept is very key... as well as understanding his "system" and why it works.

The Tom McEvoy "New Players Guide to No Limit Hold'em, is an excellent book for beginners. It gives you proper raising techniques as well as other concepts in tournament poker...

I also think that the Championship No Limit and Pot Limit Holdem book by TJ Cloutier and Tom McEvoy is a good one to add to your library. It may be deemed as too tight... but worth reading....