Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2004, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Martin Dekniff

In the past he has made a living betting on soccer so he may have steady income coming from his success in this arena as well.

Greg H.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:56 PM

Probably the most solid player I have ever seen in TV action. Never ONCE saw him make a dicey move.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the most solid player I have ever seen in TV action. Never ONCE saw him make a dicey move.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the amazing part in the 2 times I've seen him play on TV he's made like 1 move that was questionable otherwise he played basically perfectly. Truely amazing was his WPT win, basically dominating the final table. Maybe Gotmilk can give us more insight
Old 11-16-2004, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the amazing part in the 2 times I've seen him play on TV he's made like 1 move that was questionable otherwise he played basically perfectly. Truely amazing was his WPT win, basically dominating the final table. Maybe Gotmilk can give us more insight

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should say this. Milky said MD made plenty of mistakes, and likes his chances vs that lineup anytime....
Old 11-16-2004, 02:35 AM

Hey, you gotta take the good with the bad... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

>TW<
Old 11-16-2004, 04:51 AM

Hi,

I know a little about my Swedish collegue :-) He do not want to have the publicity because today his main income is to beat wealthy poker tourists in Vegas. If he got more publicity he will be recognised at the atbles and it will descrease his winnings at ringtables.

I am quite sure that the 10 best players in the world do not play in any place where they get media attention because of this reason.
Old 11-16-2004, 05:34 AM

"I am quite sure that the 10 best players in the world do not play in any place where they get media attention because of this reason."

It's tough to get media attentinon when you're playing online.

-Michael
Old 11-16-2004, 10:39 AM

He lives in Vegas now ?
Old 11-16-2004, 12:42 PM

Poker doesn't work that way.

The stronger your reputation, the more likely the suckers will want to play with you. The rich guy who isn't a top player doesn't want to play against a bunch of so-call nobodies. He wants to play against the best in the world, and try to beat them. Kinda like the Andy Beal thing. Martin will not get less poker action because he becomes known as a champ, but actually will get more action.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 11-16-2004, 12:52 PM

I'm curious how players have reacted to you in the ring games at Foxwoods since your big win. I watched you play a few hands, and there is definately that temptation to sit just to say you played one of the big names. 75/150 Omaha is not really my game though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Do you ever jump into a lower game just to give some players a story to tell? I've heard about Men Nguyen and Daniel Negreanu sitting in 4/8 while there for the WPT.