Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 01:01 AM

Default Re: anyone like this?

[ QUOTE ]
I like the play. I prefer the re-raise PF because it shows that you have a very strong hand, and you can thus bluff at any board. If you flat call, he probably figures you have a hand, but not necessarily a very strong hand, and you really have to hit your hand to take it down. Because when you call, that allows him to possibly bluff the flop. And when he bets, you just don't know where you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

you dont want to be bluffing a lag. you want to make hands then take advantage of their looseness by value betting them the entire hand.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now if for some reason he very very often raises preflop but folds to any action, then reraising preflop is a possibility. but these players are also really really rare, and technically arnt lags.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's one of the most winning players in the 200NL game, at least according to my stats. this describes him perfectly, which is really the reason i made this move.

he's loose in entering a pot and raises pretty much every time he comes in, hence the lag tag. probably misleading. the main point of my preflop move was to make him lay down, and be left with a draw that could possibly break him.

is there a better acronym for such a player, or is now the time to make one?
Old 11-14-2004, 07:46 AM

I generall agree, but it seems as this is a case where the LAG is a thinking (atleast somewhat) player, so in this case, I think I re-raise PF is best. If you think he is non-thinking and an average-to-below average player, then I'd say call, and let him blow off his stack.