Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 06:38 PM

Default Re: In the money: PP 20+2 Multi

In your example, I would have completed in the SB, and gotten my chips in the middle on the vast majority if not all flops (stop n go). The added folding equity should more than make up for the cost of letting BB in cheap and the chips you would have won when they called preflop but you win anyway.

I think pushing will often get a BB call and almost always get a UTG1 call, while checking will very often get BB to check – he should stop n go himself if he’s any good, recognizing that both of you will autocall a push.

To your second question, with 3xbb you have no folding equity so must win a showdown to survive. You’re not likely to get a hand as good as this in the next few hands, and opponents may get good hands those times as well and either way you still need to beat the BB who will call. So I’d call with AJs.

-Greg
Old 11-09-2004, 08:33 PM

If UTG+1 raises AJ can be quickly folded although you need to accumulate chips given his early position it is unlikely he has not got AJ heavily dominated. I think you would be better being 1st to raise an unraised pot with any 2 cards than get involved in a raised pot with AJ in these circumstances.

Ross
Old 11-12-2004, 02:54 AM

I would have folded to that size an EP raise. I hate to hope for better cards but you may not need better cards, just a better situation to pick up the blinds and stay alive a while longer. I also consider that the BB may call behind me and I don't want to be in a 3 way pot at that point so I fold to the EP raiser.