Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2004, 01:46 AM

Default More wackiness at party 15/30........

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (4.83 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.83 BB

--------------------------------------------------

Button has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Well played sir.... Well played. <font color="blue"> </font>
Old 11-12-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Re: More wackiness at party 15/30........

I think you need to bet the river (although you would have got smoked on this occasion).
Old 11-12-2004, 03:36 PM

Who's calling with a hand I can beat? maybe Ax, but the range of hands that call or raise and beat me are far greater. Anyway, that wasn't the point of the post. The guy called a KQJ flop with 87 and only a backdoor draw.
Old 11-12-2004, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's calling with a hand I can beat? maybe Ax, but the range of hands that call or raise and beat me are far greater.

[/ QUOTE ]

One or both players will often call with a hand you can beat. Neither one has a T. It's unlikely the backdoor flush hit anyone. The action makes it unlikely that anyone has two pair. Top pair is very often the best hand and will get called.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, that wasn't the point of the post. The guy called a KQJ flop with 87 and only a backdoor draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again. There was no point to this post, except to show everyone that you're a whiny douche.
Old 11-12-2004, 05:34 PM

Default Would you like swiss or cheddar with the whine?

If that's what you call a bad beat, you havent played enough hold em.

Also, if you get emotional over an almost-typical PP beat, you probably wont have the bankroll to play much longer, anyway.

TSP
Old 11-12-2004, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
except to show everyone that you're a whiny douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...made my day. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2004, 05:47 PM

This is par for the course.
-James
Old 11-12-2004, 06:29 PM

I know why you posted the hand but what comment can one make about your opponent calling the flop with 8c7c?

I stand by my position that you should bet the river for reasons given by the Bear.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Would you like swiss or cheddar with the whine?

the sarcasm is so thin you need a miracle blade 2 to cut it with.

sometimes i don't get you TSP.
Old 11-12-2004, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Would you like swiss or cheddar with the whine?

Never said anything about a bad beat. I was just pointing out the incredibly bad call on the flop with 87 and a KQJ board. Not whining, not complaining, not emotional. In fact, I'm probably the most even keel player you will ever meet in terms of not getting emotional and playing my game consistently. Just amazed sometimes at the bad play on party which pays my mortgage and puts food on my table. As far as bankroll issues go, 15/30 is about the lowest I will play, and I regularly play 40/80-100/200 profitably, and have been doing so over the last 3 years. Don't worry about my bankroll....... As far as skp's betting the river suggestion, maybe it isn't such a bad idea, however, in a situation like this, I'd much rather give a guy the chance to bluff it and call it down. Fortunately for me, the BB called and I layed it down figuring I was most likely beat by one of them, and the pot laying me not enough odds to make the call. I still say I don't get called by betting the river by most players with a Q or K, and I hadn't been at this table long enough to get a gauge on how loose these guys were playing. My experience on party has been that if you give them a chance to bluff, there's a decent enough chance that they take it.