Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Canadian Health Care

[ QUOTE ]
So let's recap: you know absolutely nothing about me, yet you're willing to call me a parasite. Since I know nothing about you, may I return the favor and call you [censored]-for-brains? Muck

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. If your attitude is that you'd like everyone else to pay for your healthcare then you're a parasite. Period. End of story. And if you expect to spout crap like that without being called a parasite then I'd suggest you're the sh*t-for-brains.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:29 PM

Listen man, if you enjoy paying for health care for drug addicts and alcoholics, go ahead. I'll take the two less years and more money in my pocket

In the U.S., you are paying for the healthcare of drug addicts and alcoholics too. Every time you go to the hospital, you are paying not only for yourself, but also for all the people who went there and didnt pay their bill. This is one major reason why ER visits are so expensive in the U.S. Much of the time you are also paying for other people if you have health insurance. If you go 20 years without needing medical treatment, your insurance company doesnt refund all your payments back to you, do they? A significant portion of your medical insurance is also going to corporate profits, not healthcare.
The medical bills for the poor are paid by you through your taxes, same as in Canada. Its just wrapped in a different "package". You pay for programs such as Axcess (sp?) that pay poor folks medical bills.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:31 PM

Just because it's the status quo, doesn't make it right.

[ QUOTE ]
Listen man, if you enjoy paying for health care for drug addicts and alcoholics, go ahead. I'll take the two less years and more money in my pocket

In the U.S., you are paying for the healthcare of drug addicts and alcoholics too. Every time you go to the hospital, you are paying not only for yourself, but also for all the people who went there and didnt pay their bill. This is one major reason why ER visits are so expensive in the U.S. Much of the time you are also paying for other people if you have health insurance. If you go 20 years without needing medical treatment, your insurance company doesnt refund all your payments back to you, do they? A significant portion of your medical insurance is also going to corporate profits, not healthcare.
The medical bills for the poor are paid by you through your taxes, same as in Canada. Its just wrapped in a different "package". You pay for programs such as Axcess (sp?) that pay poor folks medical bills.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2004, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you go 20 years without needing medical treatment, your insurance company doesnt refund all your payments back to you, do they?

[/ QUOTE ]Its called insurance. If I don't make a claim on my auto insurance for 20 years I don't get a refund either. Thats the racket man.

[ QUOTE ]
The medical bills for the poor are paid by you through your taxes, same as in Canada.

[/ QUOTE ] True, the % is much less though, thank God.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:31 PM

The problem with this arguement is that it has nothing to do with healthcare. Americans are probably fatter, lazier, drink more, smoke more, use more crack, we have more people living in poverty, etc. Our cultures are completely different. This is why Canadians live longer.