Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 03:57 PM

Default Re: KK multi way hand

Check fold? MP2 just stole this pot from you with A/7 of spades...
Old 11-10-2004, 04:14 PM

So what?
Wouldn't be the first time one lays down the best hand.

The more I think about it, the more I lean to the check. Ideal scenario is a small bet from UTG+1 that gets folded around to you. Then, a check-raise all-in might be the play, if you think there's a chance he will fold.

I'm folding to a button bet with too many left to act behind me, and I'm folding to any bet that is called by one or more before it gets back to me.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 just stole this pot from you with A/7 of spades...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he called a t600 raise with A7s and then bet out with bottom pair, he deserves this pot.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:23 PM

Default results

I pushed, folded to button who called all his chips with TT getting better than 2 to 1 on a little worse than 3 to 2 shot, made his straight.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:27 PM

It's a tricky spot, I agree and I'd love to hear some more opinions. My point is that by not betting out you are surrendering the pot, period. If you bet out and get played back at you dont know if youre best but you know your oppenent means business. If you dont bet out, and you are best, than the first guy to bet will take your pot home. I'm not Gus Hanson but if that's the way youre gonna play, I'm going to contest every pot youre in, especially if I have you covered, and the small ones I take from you will more than cover the one time you play back at me and I have an easy fold.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a tricky spot, I agree and I'd love to hear some more opinions. My point is that by not betting out you are surrendering the pot, period. If you bet out and get played back at you dont know if youre best but you know your oppenent means business. If you dont bet out, and you are best, than the first guy to bet will take your pot home.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK on this flop is dangerously close to being AK. I don't know if checking or pushing is the best move, but surrendering this particular pot is not exactly terrible.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:04 PM

I dont know...this is definitely a hand you can go broke on. I'll give you that. The conservative play isnt horrible. But with 2400 in the pot and 3200 left in chips if you bet out 1200 and take it down, great! If you get reraised all in and get head up, call. If there is an all in reraise and a call, fold. I think that'd be my play. If your 1200 is called, you have to decide if it's a trap or a draw and trust your gut on the turn.