Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Vikings/Colts?

I'm taking the Colts -7 and the UNDER 58. I think this is a strong play on both ends considering several factors.

On the UNDER 58:
This is the first game Moss is not playing and with a hurting Robinson that leaves Burleson and Campbell, which are both capable receivers but they're not the significant deep threat receivers that Moss and Robinson are. On the RB side you have Bennett and Smith, which will not only move the chains but will be a threat in the passing game as well. *Wildcard Here* If Indy opens up a decent lead early Vikings will be passing the whole game.

You have a Colts 32nd ranked defense against the Vikings 25th ranked defense. There's no denying how horrible both teams D are. The key in the UNDER 58 is that the Colts shouldn't have a problem scoring. Harrison, Wayne, Stokley and James will do their thing especially considering they're at home with the home crowd and it's Monday Night Football. I do not see a problem with the Colts putting up five touchdowns. In terms of the Vikings offense of course it's still potent w/o Moss, however, it won't be enough to cover the OVER when all is said and done.

The main thing I look for in terms of sealing the UNDER is for the Colts to jump out to an early halftime lead and Dungy will then deploy a heavy dose of James, who will help all the UNDER takers out win their bet.

COLTS BY -7:
I feel their offensive talent will outweight Minnesota's simply due to the Vikes WR problems. If Moss was playing and Robinson was at 100% and this game was in Minnesota I would undoubtedly take the OVER, however, this just isn't the case and I am looking for the UNDER to come in and the Colts to win by a guaranteed touchdown, and more likely a couple. Worst case scenario: A PUSH. At least that's what I'm feeling.

My Final Score prediction is Colts 35 Vikings 21

Note: This is just one guys opinion and bashers are welcome. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM

So your optimistic prediction is the under covering by 2 points. Even with Minnesota's injuries, I see them putting either 30 on the board...or about 14. I highly doubt it strays much in between.

The under/over is more or less the same bet as the spread tonight imo. They'll be highly correlated.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:47 PM

I agree that in this particular game the spread and the ov/un are highly correlated, which is the sole reason I elected to do a two team parlay with the colts covering the -7 and the UNDER 58.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that in this particular game the spread and the ov/un are highly correlated, which is the sole reason I elected to do a two team parlay with the colts covering the -7 and the UNDER 58.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am doing the exact same thing for the exact same reasons. Good luck.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:57 PM

Big on the Vikes +7.5 at WSEX.No sane reasoning behind it,just a feeling.Also threw a little chunk on the money line for the Vikes +250.And no,i'm not a Vikings fan,although i will be for tonight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 10:04 PM

i guess i'm changing my mind. I just teased it at colts -1.5 and under 64.

The whiz' new prediction : Colts 31 Vikings 24
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 PM

No play for me tonight. There's a ton of action on Indy, but I just can't bring myself to go with Minnesota at this point in the season.

Good luck everyone.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:25 AM

Well this game was a teaser player's dream.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:17 AM

I don't think there was a losing teaser.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:04 AM

hate to see the guy playing the 59 under tonight though...that had to hurt.