Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2004, 04:13 PM

Default A couple of hands on 3-table SnGs

First Scenario:

I'm chipleader with 8 left, but not by much--I've got about t7500. Button has about t4500 and opens for 3xBB to t1200.

I raise all-in, he thinks for about 10 seconds, calls with AK, and hits.

Tens aren't that strong, so maybe this was a mistake, but I would have been beat if I had JJ, QQ, or KK, so perhaps it was just bad luck. But I'm starting to think that tens should perhaps even be folded here (not knowing what my opponent has) when I've got the big stack and my opponent's stack can hurt me.

Thoughts?

Second Scenario:

I'm in the final four with about t7500 on the button. Chipleader in the SB with about t13500, BB has t8000, UTG only has T1000. The big blind is t500, UTG folds and I make it t1700 to go with AKs. SB folds, BB thinks, and then calls.

Flop comes 78T rainbow, BB checks, and I go all-in. He goes in the tank, and chipleader starts chanting "DO IT! DO IT!" How annoying is that? He calls with A7s, and I get no help.

Did I misplay this? I'm surprised he called the PF raise with A7s, as I did not have a loose table image. I was also surprised he called the all-in with bottom pair... kinda felt like he was talked into it, but who knows?

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's thoughts on these hands. Maybe I'm playing too aggressive. I'm careful with opponents who have shown the ability to trap, but these guys hadn't.

-Z
Old 11-08-2004, 04:18 PM

Default Re: A couple of hands on 3-table SnGs

I make the play in Hand 1 every time.

I don't like Hand 2, though. There are a handful of hands he could have that are behind you and about 800 that are ahead. He'll fold some, but not most of those, you're dominated to many of the rest and there's a guy about to go out with a flat payout structure.

Just check behind. The turn card and his bet on the turn will determine where you stand.
Old 11-09-2004, 12:28 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands on 3-table SnGs

Sorry, forgot to clearly say in Scenario One that I had TT. I mention later that "tens aren't that strong" or something, but just to be clear, I had a pair of tens in that hand.

-Z