Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 09:54 PM

Default I misplayed QQ

Here's the situation, I have 4000 chips with 80 people out of 360 in a $50 multi table on party poker.

Blinds are 75/150
Im in MP with QQ, my opponent in early position+2 raises to 500, I make it 1200 to go. It folds around too him, where after awhile he reraises to 1900. I now put him on JJ, and AA KK AK and knock AQ out of the picture.

flop comes K and 2 rags, he does a instant push...

Now im left with like 2000 chips, and I could fold, but for some reason I put him on JJ, and called and lost when he turned over big slick suited...

Comments???
Old 11-07-2004, 10:12 PM

Default Re: I misplayed QQ

Ya, yu sure did misplay it...If your not moving in on b4 the flop then you obviously want to see it and bail on a scary flop right?? Isnt a King scary here?? Just remember on the flop you dont even have Top pair so just muck. I might have mucked pre-flop or maybe just moved in there. Those are the only 2 decisions in my mind.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:24 PM

Yes, I called really fast not even thinking about it. Should of took some time to realize he reraised me preflop meaning he prob. had me beat or ak to win on the flop...

Should of layed this down...I only had one hand dominated in my opinion, JJ.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:38 AM

You are crazy. You are totally pot committed to call the reraise. You are almost getting the correct odds if you know your opponent has a higher pair. If you are not going to play QQ, what are you going to play. This is very weak tight.

You should probably have just reraised allin. The smaller raise may be OK, but the purpose would be to get action, not to be able to get away from the hand. You are pretty much committed to this hand. In fact I would have a hard time folding it if the flop came AKx.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:42 AM

I dont know about that.

Im not really committed in my opinion. His reraise (the minimium) signaled to me he has something serious. AA KK AKs maybe another QQ (JJ i doubt it).

So right away i had to call 700 to win 3400 for the sake of pot odds, but I should of looked for a better flop to call with, now that I think of it, even If it came undercards, I would be a big dog to AA or KK, which is the hands you make this play with.

I think my options were to reraise all in, and hope I win the coin flip or just smooth call and do a stop and go, or fold to a bad flop. I did the poor mistake of calling his all in on the flop. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2004, 12:15 PM

I think you should have flat called the 500. You then have position in the hand and can fold on the flop only losing the 500 you have invested. With the blinds at 75/150 QQ is not much of a reraising hand vs an early position raiser.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:50 PM

A small reraise may mean a big hand, but you can't fold QQ to every minimum reraise. I would push and let him show me AA.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:57 PM

Flat calling initially is OK. You could also have pushed. Once you reraise, I think you are committed. QQ is too good a hand.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:53 PM

If you thought he had either JJ KK AA or AK, then you could figure out the odds of each being held. 6 ways to make JJ KK and AA (18 total), and 16 ways to make AK. Since you have QQ, the best possible would be JJ. 17.6% chance he has JJ, 47% chance he has AK, and 35.3% chance of AA or KK. Personally, I don't like the risk of this hand if you believe he would only make this move preflop with one of these. The reason being- that there is a much better chance that he has you dominated than there is that you have him dominated. And then a 47% chance that you are only a slight favorite.
And then at the flop, you pretty much have to fold.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:08 PM

All-in or just call. Alot would depend on my read of the inital raiser, and my own table image. How long had I been at this table vs the inital raiser. You really have no choice but to fold after the flop. By his bet you should've known he had the King, and you called anyway. I ve done this myself, and can't quite figure out why I do it when Ive done it. I am getting better at laying down. I try to remember that its ok, to be a victom of a bluff. Remember, Only good players are really bluffable. Also I cant argue with the math post, because I suck at math, but it does look convincing. Also the reason you put him on Jacks is thats what you were hoping he had jacks. Try to read the betting. Thats my two cents.
Brian