Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2004, 09:48 AM

Default J9s 10/20 \"Unreal\"

My good friend GreenTea would agree. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Opponents are a loose preflop and aggressive post flop with marginal holdings.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Benjamin is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP calls, Benjamin calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Benjamin calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Benjamin raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Benjamin calls, SB calls.

Anyone cap here?

River: (16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Benjamin raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="CC3333">Benjamin caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Figured with so many in there was enough dead money to cap. Disagree?

Final Pot: 32 BB

I wonder if GreenTea the good looking warrior elder would condone my aggression on the river? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [ QUOTE ]
Last time I checked, a 6'9'' 280lb man with 7% body fat isn't exactly a pleasurable toy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benjamin
Old 11-07-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: J9s 10/20 \"Unreal\"

I cap this every time at any limit. The fact that they are overly agressive makes this even easier. I find that you'll never go terribly wrong if you play every flush like the nuts. I like the hand. The semi bluff on the turn is nice too.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: J9s 10/20 \"Unreal\"

[ QUOTE ]
I cap this every time at any limit. The fact that they are overly agressive makes this even easier. I find that you'll never go terribly wrong if you play every flush like the nuts. I like the hand. The semi bluff on the turn is nice too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Nemesis

I probably could have capped the turn for value, but I didn't catch the fact that I had a double gutter in real time, and not having the nut or second nut flush draw made me a tiny bit less gonzo.

I agree that capping the river was pretty clearly correct, but given the field size I was a little worried I was beaten.

Results: 2 out of 3 opponents played the straight on the board ... coughing up 4 big bets each on the river making sure they weren't being swindled [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] . The other opponent had a lower flush and MHIG.

This one set a new personal record for pot size, so I was a happy camper. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

B.