Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report - An Englishman Abroad (v, v long!)

Great Report - And until I read others' posts, I didn't at all find your fiance to be a negative. The trip sounded like a perfect balance.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:49 AM

Default Great report! *NM*

Great report, very fun to read!

-FatLoser
Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 AM

Sherrif, some of these guys have issues. It's like in a Song by the Offspring about someone having baggage and its all the emotional kind.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:21 AM

Great trip report! I'm reading as many of these as I can as I will be venturing to that mecca of poker at the end of the month (the wife calls it a birthday present). We haven't been there in more than 15 years, so I'm looking forward to basically a whole new town. :-)

I'm hoping to also write a trip report when I get back, so here's a question for you - how do you remember all the details? Do you take notes at the end of each day? Carry around a notepad with you at all times?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping to also write a trip report when I get back, so here's a question for you - how do you remember all the details? Do you take notes at the end of each day? Carry around a notepad with you at all times?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of this one was from memory. I'd been logging the session results on one of the Luxor's notepads to add to my records when I got home. However, the maid took it away when she tidied (i.e. in order to leave a blank pad available) so I had to re-construct it.

The hands I described in the report were all fairly memorable. However, its worth logging as much info as possible after the session as its easy for your mind to play tricks on you and for the details to become hazy!

There's no problem with having a notepad with you either but I personally didn't bother as, IMO, it makes you appear too serious which, at these low limit games, probably does more harm than good (NB: I'd also say the same about wearing shades, staring down opponents, stalling, etc - fine in the WSOP or WPT when there's big money at stake but not really worthwhile in a Luxor $2/4 game!)

Good luck - I look forward to reading your report!

Sheriff
Old 11-08-2004, 09:12 AM

I'll do my best to remember the sessions long enough to get back to the room... Might have to take a notepad and jot the info down during bathroom breaks, though. :-)

I definitely won't be bringing anything to the table - I think wearing shades at the table marks you as a dork anyway. Besides, I have a lazy eye and I'm hoping it'll throw them off...
Old 11-08-2004, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I feel a little uncomfortable reading criticism of a truly exceptional person as a consequence of something I've written and therefore feel the need to set the record straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

El Capitan,

I hope you didn't construe my comments that way. Just bustin' your chops a bit. My wife is the same way, very supportive of my hobby - although she tunes out bad beat stories like a pro.

Good luck with the marriage, sound like you found a keeper.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2004, 12:36 PM

Great post. Really enjoyed reading and I hope my trip goes half as well. I'm off tomorrow morning so we will see. Hope to post a report afterwards as well.

A fellow Brit
Old 11-10-2004, 09:05 AM

Great Report!! Take Care
Old 11-24-2004, 03:51 PM

Sorry I missed you. Warn me next time ;-) Anyways, I was out early. I was up to $33k very quickly, but had the unfortunate situation of my AA running into Johnny Donaldson's much stronger KK, and that was that!