Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2004, 12:00 AM

Default Big pot

1/2 6 Max

CO is a complete maniac, raising with just about anything
MP is a LAG, been taking shots at CO.

Can I lay this down? I very seriously thought about folding on the river after I hadn't improved, but the pot was huge.

Hero is in the BB
Dealt to hero A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG Calls
MP Calls
CO Raises
Button Folds
SB Folds
Hero Raises
UTG Calls
MP Calls
CO Raises
Hero Calls
UTG Calls
MP Calls

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero Bets
UTG Calls
MP Calls
CO Raises
Hero Calls
UTG Calls
MP Raises
CO Caps
Hero Calls
UTG Folds
MP Calls

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero Checks
MP Bets
CO Raises
Hero Calls
MP Raises
CO Caps
Hero Calls
MP Calls

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero Checks
MP Bets
CO Raises
Hero Calls
MP Raises
CO Raises
Hero Calls
MP Calls

Final Pot: 37 BB

CO shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]:T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP Shows Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Big pot

Hey lock foward...rugger I presume??

I play for PSU
Old 11-06-2004, 06:08 AM

Default Re: Big pot

No you cannot lay this down on the flop or Turn, and you need to be betting and raising to help define your place in this war. Flop cap is not a problem, and the Turn means you have 2 draws to the nut FH and flush, no way do you fold. Bet or CR the Turn and judge what your River action should be based on the response, if you CR is capped you have to be worried about a flush, but you have a huge draw (some outs are discounted, but you should have at least 10 here) so you are seeing the River.

River is a tough spot. You have a very good hand, bet and quite possibly fold to a raise/re-raise. But the pot is so huge and your opponents LAG so I think it is hard to avoid calling this one. If you bet and it is two back to you (probably getting capped again) you are looking at 3 more SB for a 37BB pot, 12:1 (in fact 2 bets for a 28BB pot or 14:1 at that point). Hard to fold, particullarly as you probably have one player beaten most of the time.

You must either check/fold the River unimproved, knowing you would likely have to put in 4 BB for a pot worth 25BB on the Turn, or stay to the bitter end.