Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 11:56 PM

Default Value Bet or not?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

MP1 seems to be loose and passive

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

4 to a straight and now an over card...any value here? I think a few worse hands would call...but how many are out there? pair of 8's 5's and 6's?

the queen really doesnt scare me all that much...but with that much coordination, im not sure if there is value. and yeah yeah, i know nobody has shown any strength the whole hand...but you dont know.

i think everyone is going to say this is an easy bet...but we will see, sorry if this one is boring.

-mike
Old 11-06-2004, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Value Bet or not?

This is an easy bet. If someone had the straight they'd pop you on the turn. No one has an overpair to you or they'd raise every street prior. Chances of a queen are minimal unless someone had Q8, Q6, etc. Your hand is good so often that you should click auto-bet and relax while the pot is pushed in your direction.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Value Bet or not?

I say bet here. Unless they are trying to be really tricky, someone with the straight would have raised you on the turn. Someone will have the Q occasionally but you can't be so scared of it that you don't bet here. More times than not your opponent will turn over an 8 here.