Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Starting hands for Omaha High

I've seen many books and articles for hold-em and omaha hi-lo starting hand requirements but very little for omaha high only. Can someone give me these requirements or direct me to an articale or on-line information which could help.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Starting hands for Omaha High

wrong forum. Post in the right one for better answers
Old 11-05-2004, 04:21 PM

A more polite(and knowlegeble) response would have been appreciated. Based on the list of forums what in your opinion would have been more appropriate. Certainly, do not say pot limit omaha since the starting hands in that game as compared to limit omaha can be vastly different.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:36 PM

Other Poker Games.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:00 PM

Hi Gnawk,

What your looking for are 4 cards that work together.
Examples:

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gives you two nut flush draws as well as top set value.

A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Gives you top set, nut flush, nut straight value.

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] gives you potential for good wrap around straight draws with backdoor flush potential. An example of a good flop would be 2-6-7, giving you top two plus a 12 out straight draw. If the 6-7 were hearts you'd have some straight flush and backdoor potential. Just don't be too happy about non-nut flush draws.

You're basically looking for hands with big nut draws as well as redraws. Beware of drawing to non-nut hands, as they will cost you a bundle.

Bob Ciaffones book will be a huge help to you if you plan on playing Limit Omaha hi.
Old 11-05-2004, 09:11 PM

http://erh.homestead.com/omaha.html
I found this on the internet a couple of months ago. I have no idea how good it is though as I only play hold'em. Mabye an Omaha expert can tell you if it is any good.

silly
Old 11-06-2004, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen many books and articles for hold-em and omaha hi-lo starting hand requirements but very little for omaha high only. Can someone give me these requirements or direct me to an articale or on-line information which could help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are two links to articles on limit Omaha high-only written by Rolf Slotboom, who sometimes posts on 2+2.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...200fc01fe6613e

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...200fc01fe6613e