Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 01:38 AM

Default 15/30 tough decision #3

Could i safely fold on the turn to a 3 bet? how about the river?

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: 12tabler is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">12tabler raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">12tabler bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">12tabler raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, 12tabler calls.

River: (10.33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, 12tabler calls.

Final Pot: 12.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.33 BB, between 12tabler and MP1.</font>
Old 11-03-2004, 05:29 AM

Default Re: 15/30 tough decision #3

Cmon kenny, give us some info on the opponent since its critical to figuring out these heads up situations.

If he is a competent player and not super-aggressive, I'd rule out him pushing a flush draw this hard unless he had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hard to believe anyone would wait to pop J10s, QJ or KJ until the turn. Looks like you're up against a set of 66.

Considering that, I fold the turn to the 3-bet against an unknown and definitely fold the river if i made it that far.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:35 PM

Default RESULTS: the whole hand

[ QUOTE ]
Cmon kenny, give us some info on the opponent since its critical to figuring out these heads up situations.

If he is a competent player and not super-aggressive, I'd rule out him pushing a flush draw this hard unless he had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hard to believe anyone would wait to pop J10s, QJ or KJ until the turn. Looks like you're up against a set of 66.

Considering that, I fold the turn to the 3-bet against an unknown and definitely fold the river if i made it that far.

[/ QUOTE ]

i had no note on this player, but i felt the fishiness. as it turned out, he was stone bluffing the turn, and got lucky on the river.

my question now, should i have folded on river? it felt like either had had a hand very strong or nothing, cause he bet the river too confidently.

here is the whole hand:

Online Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Super Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 <font color="purple">(My Fish)</font> calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 <font color="purple">(My Fish)</font> calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, My Fish checks, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero bets</font>, BB folds, My Fish calls.

Turn: (4.33 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">My Fish bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">My Fish 3-bets</font>, Super Hero calls.

River: (10.33 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">My Fish bets</font>, Super Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.33 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12.33 BB, between Super Hero and My Fish.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by My Fish (12.33 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
My Fish has 8h Kc (one pair, kings).
Super Hero has Ac Jh (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: My Fish wins 12.33 BB. </font>
Old 11-03-2004, 03:55 PM

Default Re: RESULTS: the whole hand

Man, I really think I give my fellow party players way too much credit for having hands.

This probably explains why my showdown percentage is way too low.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: 15/30 tough decision #3

No, in this type of situation you never give them credit for having you beat. Just pay it off.

By "This type of situation", I mean limit HE on party, heads up, you have a good hand, and the pot is large.