Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 11:52 AM

Default KTo - Flop decision

Here's a hand I played a couple of days ago. UTG+1 is very loose and pretty aggressive. I have no read on MP3.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Aggressive)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Aggressive)</font> calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Aggressive checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive 3-bets</font>, Hero...?

Kludde
Old 11-02-2004, 11:57 AM

Default Re: KTo - Flop decision

thats tough the baord is draw heavy and ur saying the 3 better is extremely agressive u can cap u cant call but i think folding best option
Old 11-02-2004, 02:41 PM

Default Next decision

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Aggressive)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 <font color="purple">(Aggressive)</font> calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Aggressive checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Aggressive 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Aggressive bets</font>, Hero...?

Kludde
Old 11-02-2004, 05:14 PM

Muck it preflop.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:23 PM

Assuming you are behind, which you may not be, you have the odds to take off another card.

If the aggressive player is really over the top aggressive, capping might be a good choice also.

Now that I think about it, I think I lean towards capping.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:35 PM

Hi K,

Isolating a lag is great and rewarding if successful, but your holding is very poor, and there are much better spots to do so. This is a muck preflop without a doubt. One of the main reasons is that you are now forced to make the difficult decisions that you have presented yourself with a mediocre hand, and now you have to attempt to "outplay" your opponents.

Being that you played this hand, call it down. You won't chase out MP3's flush draw and lag will continue to bet regardless.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:16 PM

Isolating a lag is great and rewarding if successful, but your holding is very poor, and there are much better spots to do so.

It is, but the urge of isolating him were just too great at that moment. Unfortunately, I had apparently misread the texture of the table as tight, which really did bite me in the ass.

Being that you played this hand, call it down.

How about trying to get MP3 out with a cap or perhaps a raise on the turn? The pot is big and 1-2 BB isn't that big an investment to win it.

You won't chase out MP3's flush draw.

Why do you put him on a flush draw? I think a more likely holding is a ten (which contradicts what I said above [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]).

Kludde
Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 PM

Why?

Kludde
Old 11-02-2004, 06:22 PM

How about calling and raising the turn if a blank falls? It will put much more pressure on MP3 than a cap and increase my chances of winning the pot. Of course, I will also lose more if I'm behind.

Kludde
Old 11-02-2004, 06:23 PM

Default My turn decision

I raised.

Comments?

Kludde