Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Should I pay off 2 BB here?

UTG is a monkey: VP$IP 63% PFR 17% - has 5 BB left
UTG+1 is tight passive 13% 5%

Didn't have proper reads on the others at the time other than that they were loose (as you can see), all approx 40-50+ flops seen

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls.

I was pretty sure he had a ten, but the pot was so big.... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

River: (18.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

CO nearly drains the clock, then bets.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between CO and Hero.</font>
Old 11-02-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Should I pay off 2 BB here?

I call this on the end without a read. You'll snatch a yahoo once every 19 times.

I also make a personal note on the CO. Players that make me wait are almost always returned in kind each and every hand we play there after. And I'm such a vindictive bastard that I don't mind bringing a table to it knees doing so.

- Jim
Old 11-02-2004, 11:16 AM

I think you played it right. There is a good chance he missed his diamond draw and thought he could use the scare card on the turn to take the pot down. Most players would re-raise with top pair, if just to thin the field. Its unlikley that he has QQ or AA. While the K is also a scare card, if he hit a 3 outer on the river, you really don't have much of a choice but to pay him off.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:22 AM

Payoff. Sometimes you'll spike your set on the river and sometimes you'll catch a hand like 99. You could be on the receiving end of the wait-for-the-turn play.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 AM

i like