Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 07:52 PM

Default truepoker is pretty sweet

i had never played on true until i started working off the bonus this morning. i like it quite a bit so far, the software is really really cool, but it kind of slows the game down a bit. the players are pretty horrid too, i like it.

rj
Old 11-01-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: truepoker is pretty sweet

Can you multitable on True now?
When I played on there you couldn't, then after I cashed out I heard that you could.

OGRE
Old 11-01-2004, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you multitable on True now?
When I played on there you couldn't, then after I cashed out I heard that you could.

OGRE

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Be prepared for some seizures, though.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM

I was multitabling 4 tables for an hour and a half and only worked off 120 raked hands. The tables were $50NL so if you play the higher limits you might have better luck. I managed to work off a total of $50 in bonus and at one point was up $200 from gameplay but then crashed down tonight through the frustration.

I then tried to cashout with the $15 profit i made on top of the $333 deposit and it would only let me take out $270. I don't have a neteller account but from what I understood they would reverse payment back to my credit card, but instead they are sending a bank draft. I am kind of disappointed with True Poker but it is just a small site.

Also if you are playing at 5/10 limit or higher they have special times in which you can make double the points given for raked hands. Of course if you are playing 5/10 limit or higher bonuses are probably pretty worthless.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:26 PM

omfg.... these tables are so freakin slow!!!!! I feel like i'm getting through about 1 hand for every 3 i'm playing on pokernow at the same time
Old 11-01-2004, 11:25 PM

Playing 4 tables of 1/2 I have only earned about 45 bonus points (need 100 to release each $10 bonus). The problem (if you call it that) is that they don't rake the pot at 1/2 until it reaches $12. Most tables the average pot is less than $10. Plus the play is pretty slow. The 1/2 tables so far have been pretty soft, though.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:22 AM

I have to agree that the 1/2 tables are incredibly soft. It played much like Party .50/1. The games are painfully slow. Now that I am used to the software, I'm going to have to jump up to 2/4 or 3/6 to clear this bonus.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:30 AM

True poker is a big improvement.

The True client is just the right size to get three games across a 1920x1200 screen [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Not quite as good as the UB or Prima mini screen but you can still squeeze an extra game in.

The multi tabling worked ok in the main, although I won’t go and put name on all the lists at once again. Suddenly got four True poker game windows opening at once along with some error message all across where I was playing ten games [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. As a result, timed out after flopping a set on one of my Full tilt games [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]– yes I know serves me right.

They have also stopped that silly, hiding your hole cards so that you had to make an extra mouse click every time you had a True action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]; was a huge pain in the butt.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:58 AM

"I then tried to cashout with the $15 profit i made on top of the $333 deposit and it would only let me take out $270"

I do not get this. You can cash out your whole deposit plus your profit...... email me at management@truepoker.com, I'll look into this if you send me some details.

(The non-cashback to credit cards is a policy of VISA, not ours. We certainly would send back credits if we were allowed to do so. We recommend Neteller for this reason, transactions are much easier and faster for players.)

Truepoker CEO
Old 11-02-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: truepoker is pretty sweet, no rake below $12 is a \"problem\" ?

"The problem (if you call it that) is that they don't rake the pot at 1/2 until it reaches $12. "

True, we rake ZERO at 1/2 below $12, so you win a bigger pot instead of getting a deposit bonus .... Although I understand that a "bonus" can be earned by playing tight while loose players pay those quarters at other sites, I would suggest that overall, the return in our games from playing is relatively higher to players.

(I certainly could be wrong on that estimation however, as I have not studied whether super-tight bonus whoring in a different rake structure pays better than playing and collecting a deposit bonus in the rather loose games we are spreading at Truepoker.)

We have looked at the "slowness issue", it may be attributable in this instance to a bunch of players new to multi-table in general and our software in particular. We are doing what we can to address any game slowness issues, but the hands/hour is not out of line with the industry from what we see now.

Thanks for the feedback.

Truepoker CEO