Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 08:45 PM

Default My version of the Turning Stone trip report

8:00PM: I go to sleep, having pulled an all nighter the previous night and expecting to wake early to go to Turning Stone

8:15: Drunk kid wakes me up, explains convoy to TS is leaving tonight

11:00: Speeding ticket

12:00: We arrive at turning stone, we tried not to break into a run as we approached the tables

1:00AM: I slowly build my stack at 1/2 nl

2:00: My poker buddy Alex makes a man kill himself from gambling-induced depression... Alex enjoys it immensely, with a huge smile, "Rivered ya!"

3:15: Rob (bobbofitos) makes the nuts off the flop and beats me outta a $230 pot. I had 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Oops.

5:00: Dialogue after a guy turns and rivers the split-pot straight off my set:
Me: "[censored]. You [censored].... what the [censored].... [censored] [censored] [censored]"
Dealer: "I'm one of the most layed back guys in here, but that's my boss right there, so just chill out"

6:00: I win a $250 pot when my JJ hits a JKx board when my opponent had KJ

7:00: I eat my free eggs, toast, and homefries at the poker table, while still playing.

10:00: I set my 7s on a dangerous board, but still win a $270 pot.

11AM-4PM: $55+10 tournament: I get JJ three times and TT once in one hour, push each time and get called (vs. AQo, AQo, AQs, and 44.) The jacks hold up each time, I place 15th out of 152 and win $125.

5PM: Dealer berates me for losing $40 with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on an ace board right after I commented on her misread of a hand (she said "8 high" when the guy had an 8 high flush on an $80 pot)

6:00: We leave, I got $300 profit, the most out of anyone on the trip. When we get back to the dorm, I smoke a blunt and fall asleep for 19 hours.

Fun trip. I really liked Turning Stone. Their 1/2 NL and 5/10 limit are both very beatable. Unfortunately, the only people who play their tourneys are homeless vampires and dirty used-car dealers. On a side note, I played poker nonstop for 18 straight hours and didn't get AA or KK once. Bummer.