Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 01:47 PM

Default TT vs Loosie - Party $50 NL 6-max

Guy has been pretty loose so far, VPIP around 50%, but never seen him raise before. Only played about 60 hands with him so take it for what its worth. Some analysis and results after some responses. Hand converter doesn't seem to be working today, so bare with the translation.

***** Hand History for Game 1121752960 *****
$50 NL Hold'em - Sunday, October 31, 01:46:37 EDT 2004
Table Table 14469 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
CO: Villain ( $91.5 )
BB: Hero( $54.95 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ]
MP limps, villain limps, Button limps, SB limps, hero checks.

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
SB checks, Hero bets $4, MP calls, Villain raises to $15, Button and SB fold, Hero...

What's your action here and plan for the rest of the hand?
Old 10-31-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: TT vs Loosie - Party $50 NL 6-max

Seems like a fold or an all in. The pot is definitely small enough to fold and not lose much sleep over but what are the chances that you are ahead?

He may have a higher PP than you, a set, or 2-pair. 2-pair seems unlikely (maybe 68s if he plays 1/2 his hands), a set seems unlikely too because the ragged rainbow board screams for a slowplay and I find most players LOVE to slowplay sets. JJ-AA seems likely, a lot of players will limp early with these hands from what I've noticed at $25 max.

The pot is pretty small and you stand to lose a lot so I'd probably fold but my second choice would just be to push it right there because the turn and river will complicate things and you'd like to punish him to the maximum if he's raising a worse hand than yours. I wouldn't just call and even the min raise after his big raise will pot commit you so you may as well shove if you want to continue.

EDIT: Hopefully a bunch of other people will reply because I started playing NL about 3 days ago and so far I'm down. In other words, don't listen to me.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:12 PM

Default Bump*

Anyone else?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: TT vs Loosie - Party $50 NL 6-max

What could he possibly raise with? with such an uncoordinated board, flush/straight draws are unlikely. A set? Then again people love to slow play sets, like the poster above pointed out. So he could either have two pair, TPTK (a8), or a pocket pair 9s and above.

2 of these beats you most of the time, so I suggest you fold. Especially since you've only devoted $5 into such a small pot, and you stand to lose a lot (assuming he's not a maniac). If it were QQ or even JJ I would push, since that gives you a lot more leeway with a higher Pocket pair, but 10s are just too vulnerable in this situation.