Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: The Bottomless Bonus (vs the Rake Rebate)

[ QUOTE ]
If the bonus is $25 per 1000 hands, how does this compare against a rake rebate offer? I think someone suggested it is the equivalent is a 20% rake rebate. This is not bad if true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming a 20% rake rebate, anyone playing $2/$4 or lower is better off getting $25 per 1,000 hands. If you get 25% back at $2/$4, a rake rebate is better (but not by much). At $3/$6, you are definitely better off with a rake rebate 15%+.

Its a pretty cool bonus to get people playing low stakes, I think.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:03 PM

Here's the quote from bonuswhores.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Player signs up using Bonus Code:
2. Player receives signup bonus of 20% up to $100
3. Player clears signup bonus after 5x raked hands
4. Player continues to play up to 2000 raked hands and receives an
additional $50 + a free DVD of their choice.
5. For every additional 1000 raked hands the player receives an additional
$25
6. All bonus money is paid by the 7th of the following month.
7. This offer coinsides with any reload offer that comes from PokerNow
during the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really the ideal perpetual bonus system - it ought to reward people more for playing at higher stakes - either through percentage of rake or through a point system (to preserve the illusion you're "making" money by playing.)

If someone knew the average rake at different stakes, it'd be easy to calculate what this was worth.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:39 PM

I like this offer, although the bonus rate per hand is so low that I will certainly do any other reload offers out there first.

Good start though, I hope other affiliates at other sites start making offers like this too.

I have always used UB and Absolute as fall backs when I run out of other bonuses (since I never come close to ever clearing them).
Old 10-31-2004, 04:55 PM

Check out this page for a discussion of rake per hand:

It should be relevant to the discussion. Rake Per Hand
Old 10-31-2004, 05:45 PM

Id rather have a rake rebate, a bonus requires me to keep depositing money. I already have enough money in my account with out having to add $500-$1000 every few thousand hands to get a "bonus"

go check out pokerchamps, they give everyone a rake rebate
Old 10-31-2004, 05:50 PM

There is no requirement to keep depositing money.
Old 10-31-2004, 05:56 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

i believe a 2/4 player is better of with rake back, but this is ideal for low limit players, you will have to continually withdraw and deposit to trigger the bonus however........if you are new to poker and are not sure which to go with, if you dont see yourself playing above 2/4 take a bonus simliar to the one described, if you plan on moving up the ranks, take rakeback.

as for iggy and other whiners, that affiliate stuff can't get through, hahaha, where have you been? have been reading the same forum as me????
Old 10-31-2004, 06:03 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

this math is tough we might need david sklansky on it. what were the numbers you said oh yeah, 25$ per 1000 hands so lets take 25 and divide by 1000 and you get .025/hand. so two and a half cents per hand, a 5/10 rakeback player gets roughly double that.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe a 2/4 player is better of with rake back, but this is ideal for low limit players, you will have to continually withdraw and deposit to trigger the bonus however........if you are new to poker and are not sure which to go with, if you dont see yourself playing above 2/4 take a bonus simliar to the one described, if you plan on moving up the ranks, take rakeback.

as for iggy and other whiners, that affiliate stuff can't get through, hahaha, where have you been? have been reading the same forum as me????

[/ QUOTE ]

you will have to continually withdraw and deposit to trigger the bonus however

This statement is incorrect. The only deposit requirement needed is the initial signup deposit.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow dude, you don't to go attacking me considering you probably don't even know what I posted in the first place. I was NOT spamming affiliate stuff... I copied and pasted an email sent to me that happened to have an affiliate code on it. I never thought about the email being looked at as affiliate spam and the email itself was never meant that way. The email was to inform people who used the shark code on pokernow what added benefits they were going to receive. Since people here bitched about giving out their into to get on this mailing list, I posted the email that I got because I sent him my information. I have nothing to do with pokernow... I have nothing to do with any of its affiliates other than the fact that I guess I signed up under one when I used the shark code. So some of you need to get you facts straight before flaming someone.