Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 01:15 PM

Default 2nd Nuts with Big Draw on the Turn

MP2 is aggressive, but not crazy-so.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (7.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (16.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

Bet the flop? How do you like the turn cap? Three-bet the river?
Old 10-30-2004, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 2nd Nuts with Big Draw on the Turn

With one caller trapped in between and no scary preflop action, I probably raise this flop.

Turn looks nice; I 3-bet the river almost all the time. Seems like he's got AT and backed his way into a straight; I think you're good here more than 55% of the time.

Rob
Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 PM

I don't think AT 3-bets the turn with a flush out there. Also, this isn't a 55% situation.. its a 2 in 3 situation.

the flop check is not good. the button is the likely flop bettor and is to your immediate right. bet and 3-bet the flop. with the check, the call is fine with an aggressive opponent behind you. it sets up a check-call on the turn if you are still drawing or:

the turn check-raise is fine.. risk/reward.. but you said he's aggressive.

the river is probably close. he will cap with the nuts and if he has put you on a hand, it is the flush after the action. if he's mindlessly aggressive, 3-bet away. i think i would just call given that he isn't afraid of your turn check-raise-cap. he has the nuts.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think AT 3-bets the turn with a flush out there. Also, this isn't a 55% situation.. its a 2 in 3 situation.

the flop check is not good. the button is the likely flop bettor and is to your immediate right. bet and 3-bet the flop. with the check, the call is fine with an aggressive opponent behind you. it sets up a check-call on the turn if you are still drawing or:

the turn check-raise is fine.. risk/reward.. but you said he's aggressive.

the river is probably close. he will cap with the nuts and if he has put you on a hand, it is the flush after the action. if he's mindlessly aggressive, 3-bet away. i think i would just call given the turn check-raise-cap. he has the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right about the 2 in 3 situation.

I think at these limits, AT will raise this turn and river, even with the flush out there, quite often, as will KT (for obvious reasons).

You're also right about the flop check/call, which was bad. This is an ideal flop for pumping a big draw. My bad (misread flop action).

Rob