Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 04:06 AM

Default Re: should i pay this one off?

I would also say a flush, since he was in check/call mode until the river. Him betting $30 out of the blue when the flush scare card comes down is not likely. If he is truely very ABC then a straight is very improbable, so I would say he has the flush. I would decide to fold in this situation. If he is ABC he probably has either an A or a K and we already decied that he has a flush. Thus he has you beat, lay it down!
Old 10-30-2004, 04:23 AM

Default uh, guys

i have the flush too, i wouldnt do this with just a pair, but i want to know if you like the river call with a lower flush
Old 10-30-2004, 05:26 AM

Default Re: uh, guys

yeah, i was gonna say! i really don't understand your question here. you are asking if you should call this board when you get the flop and river that you were hoping for?
if you cannot pull the trigger here why are you playing this hand? for the str8 flush possibility, seriously. you semi-bluff the flop and now make your hand and are not sure if you want to call. I am not even sure why you are not asking if you should raise AI at this point,(not saying that it is a great play) but if you are going to play this hand the way that you have you MUST at least call.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:55 AM

not necessarily. He semi-bluffed the flop. . . agreed. However, he got information AFTER his semi-bluff that indicated he could be drawing close to dead. If the guy is very tight and ABC and would not do this with less than a K or A high flush, then you can lay it down. You are getting 2:1 yes, but what would this ABC player call for, check it down, and then bet when the flush hits? This hand is tough to lay down and shouldn't be done often, but in this situation, I believe it is a very makeable lay down.
Old 10-31-2004, 04:58 AM

To add to my point. . . you checked the river when you hit. Something in you must have been saying, "I'm probably behind here" if you checked when you hit your flush. Put out at least a blocking bet here and you'll make your life easier. That way, if you get raised, you can save money, you won't have to pay that full 30.